Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dread beads

Reggie Williams
@reggie-williams
13 years ago
3 posts
Anyone know a place in brooklyn or manhattan NY where I could physically buy some dread beads?
updated by @reggie-williams: 01/13/15 09:07:21PM
mayonaise
@mayonaise
13 years ago
19 posts
You can go to any craft store or bead store and just find beads with big enough holes to fit on your dreads, Walmart or any of those every thing stores in the craft sections usually have dece packs of beads. Dollar stores also have beads or you can look for necklaces with nice beads and just take it apart and use the beads. Just some ideas i dont live in the u.s but im sure you guys have pretty much the same shit there. Good luck
Reggie Williams
@reggie-williams
13 years ago
3 posts

Thanks a lot,I never really thought about it like that for some reason. I'll head out later today and see what I can dig up.

Mary
@mary
13 years ago
140 posts

Have you tried any of the beauty supplies stores on Jay St/Borough Hall or Jamaica? In Jamaica, Queens there are atleast two beauty stores on every block. Thats where I found my cowries shells. Also there are a lot of rastas and mini malls so I am sure they can push you in the right direction.

Mary
@mary
13 years ago
140 posts

Update:

I cant believe I forgot to tell you. There is a bead store in Manhattan on 6th avenue between 27-33rd street. It has a pink awning and there are tons of beads. Sadly I do not know if they have dread beads but you can find something, just be creative! Also walk down to 5th avenue between 32-23rd street ( I Call this the counterfeit district) to some of the African shops.

Reggie Williams
@reggie-williams
13 years ago
3 posts

OH man, thanks so much. I really appreciate it.

Mary
@mary
13 years ago
140 posts

Just hope you find what you need.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form