Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dax Roots Olive Cream? Ingredient List Included

erutxet
@erutxet
13 years ago
12 posts
Hi, I just purchased this product http://www.pomade-shop.eu/epages/61591627.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/61591627/Products/02201 for my hair, I have very coarse african american hair. I need moisture, and I just used this... it's GREAT. Are the ingredients okay? It's petroleum, Mineral oil and silicon free!AquaOlea Europaea Fruit OilPrunus Amygdalus Dulcis OilSorbitan MonostearateGlycerinMacadamia Intergrifolia Seed Oil: Floramac 10: Ethyl MacadamiatePolysorbate 20Cetyl AlkoholMangifera Indica Seed ButterGarcinia Indica Seed ButterCarbomerTriethanolamine-PEG-150 DistearatePhenoxyethanol (and) Benzoic Acid (and) Dehydroacetic AcidParfumDisodiumEDTAGreen 5 (CI 61570), FD&C Yellow 5 (CI 19140)
updated by @erutxet: 01/13/15 09:07:20PM
erutxet
@erutxet
13 years ago
12 posts
This is what it looks like
Trina Sandress
@trina-sandress
13 years ago
87 posts

When picking out an all natural product for dreadlocks you want to be able to know what the ingredients are. Although this product may say that it petroleum and mineral oil free there are other ingredients that sound very questionable. Keep it simple I say. Have you tried just buying like shea butter, almond oil,or jojoba oil?

I have coarse african american hair as well and either of these oils work fine for me.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

"olive" cream were any of those strange alien words olive? and thoufgh several of those i had no idea what they were there were several that id thing would dry the hair out too

others im guessing would moisturize

hey if u like it try it bhuyt i bet ya could make something much better in yoiur garden or kitchen

i guess u could google all those alian sounding words

oh wait the olea fruite europa oil that sounds semi like olive oil

which olive oils an ok moisturizer but kinda too thick id think for everyday use i have used it oly when i had nothung else avaiiable

if u wanted a store bought product id recomend africas best hair oils

or

pure aloe

or jojoba

or some mixture of those

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
erutxet
@erutxet
13 years ago
12 posts

:( ok...I just can't find those oils anywhere.. not pure jojoba or almond oils. getting frustrated ... i can't find aloe either and this was cheap and available.Hair is so dry and breaking all the time. I feel like the oils don't make it moist enough. i'll keep looking :(

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

aloe and vitamin e would do u good the africas best is cheap and will work fgreat

u can get it anywhere

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Trina Sandress
@trina-sandress
13 years ago
87 posts

I got my shea butter and jojoba oil on ebay. They were both at a reasonable price and believe me you I am on a tight budget. For me the shea butter seems to seal in the moisture. Just using it after a cleanse my locks to wear they are still a bit wet seem to help condition them well and make them feel soft. The jojoba oil I use every now and then. I would definitely suggest sticking with natural oils. Before I had dreads I had an afro and I was using the hair oil Soaring Eagle suggested. The Africa's Best oil and that works fine as well. If you read the back of the bottle you will see that they're aren't a bunch of ingredients just simple. My rule with products whether I ingest it of put it on my hair is that if you can't pronounce it forget it. A lot of the stuff that is sold put colorings, perfumes and all sorts of preservatives that are just unnecessary. It cheapens the product. And the eye catching words on the fancy bottles that would catch your eye would be say "Natural", "Olive Oil", "Shea Butter" etc... They want you to just see those key words and not even think of reading the contents. So it was awesome of you as a consumer to really read the product contents before you buy anything.

A long time ago when I use to have my afro I came across a product called African Pride. I failed to read that it contained petroleum and mineral oil before I bought the product. I opened the container before I bought it though and found that it had all kinds of herbs in it so I was sold. When I would apply it to my hair it was way too thick. So I stopped using and realized that was a hard lesson learned.

And that was about18yrs ago. Geesh! Long time. But yeah just try and keep it simple.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form