Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Help Plzz

Kevin Boyd
@kevin-boyd
13 years ago
14 posts

Ok so i just went swimming yesterday i just wanted to get the chlorine out of my hair. For the past couple of times i washed my hair there was this white filth i can never get all the way out my hair. Its disgusting i squeeze them and it oozes out. i figured if i scrub at it enough itll come out, its very ineffective. I dont use anyproducts i my hair other then some gel every 4-5 weeks and hot oil every time i wash it. I use dr bronners and mango lime shampoo. Could they be causing this? Is there a certain shampoo i should be using. Please help i cant stand that my dreads are this disgusting idk what to do

updated by @kevin-boyd: 01/13/15 09:07:18PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

yup the gel is why and probly too much oils as wel

try a anti residue shampoo and stop the gel cut back on the oils

use only the n=bare minimum u need to keep em from being too dry

id skip gel all together

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kevin Boyd
@kevin-boyd
13 years ago
14 posts

is there a particular shampoo i c ould use that would be better then both of these i need to get this stuff out my hair. I dont have to much money to spend either

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

id try a residue removing shampoo to remove it then use and dread soap or baking soda as a regular shampoo use the residue remover if it happens again

--
Kevin Boyd
@kevin-boyd
13 years ago
14 posts

examples or specific brands?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

residue removers nutragena and suve both make a residue remover theyre not good for everyday use but to get all the crap out they work u want the antui resudue or "claridfying" ones

--
Mary
@mary
13 years ago
140 posts

Wow that is odd. Usually before I get into the pool I get myself wet using the shower. When I am done I go back to the shower to help wash out any impurities. Afterwards I walk back to my house and take a shower. I do not have any problems with chlorine or buildup so it may be a reaction with your products to chlorine. Just do a baking soda wash. Unless its aloe gel you do not need to use it that frequently.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

baking soda after chlorine is not recomended as they are both alkaline and will reallt throw the ph ballance way way off unless u do acv 1st and mave again after

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form