Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

i love my dreads but they are uneven!

Ryan P. Stroud
@ryan-p-stroud
13 years ago
4 posts
I have 9 month old dreadies and they're at the point of almost mature but the only thing I don't like about them is that they are uneven. My longest dreaded are in the back and they're about a foot long but my front dreads are about 6 inchs now my girlfriend said it may be due to my up keep on my front dreaded more then my back dreaded, with rolling and root rubbing. But at this point I don't feel comfortable wearing them down because it looks like I have a dread mullet lol, can anyone give me some tips and advice
updated by @ryan-p-stroud: 01/13/15 09:07:13PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

why are u root rubbing and rolling? stiop that

and why would u care idf some are longer?

just leave em alone wear em down and forget aboput them

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

oh right u also waxed and crocheted

more likely those caused the issues

your nowhere nbear mature hthen crochet takes 6 months to recover from

wax sliws progress a ton

remove the wax and leave em alone and eventualy they will rewcover from the crochet and even out

but stop messing with them

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Ryan P. Stroud
@ryan-p-stroud
13 years ago
4 posts
I understand that the crocheting causing a shitty cycle so I'm no long going to do that, and I also haven't added wax to my dreads since last November when I began my journey, I'm just looking for some positive feedback here
Evelyn Maes
@evelyn-maes
13 years ago
30 posts

I have the same thing but that's because my hair was cut in layers when i started my dreads. Maybe your hair in front was also a bit shorter? I just wear them up in a bun of with a hair band as long as they are not the size i like.

SillyWalkingMinister
@sillywalkingminister
13 years ago
327 posts

I started with layered hair as well..as almost 3 yrs later..my dreads in the back are longer than in front..but then I LOVE IT!

Tying them till they r little longer as evelyn suggested seems like the way to go...

and also I understand there r many methods to dreads and to each his own..but my advice wud be to lay off root rubbing n tip locking n crotch rubbing.... well maybe not the last one.. :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form