Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Ceasing Separation

Cora Walborn
@cora-walborn
13 years ago
20 posts
I have decided to cease separating and just go completely free and wild! Although if I do start noticing a gigantic beaver tail or uni-dread there will be some action taken. Whenever I look in the mirror to do maintenance / separation, I just get overwhelmed by the messiness and am always unsure if I am separating too much or not enough. SO, I have decided, screw it, my hair will be allowed to do whatever it wants. I don't need to stress about it, all will be good. I'm barely 2 months and I think my progress is going great. I figure if it's done this great so far then it deserves to keep going by itself with no extra help from me.My question to all of you, is who has gone this route (of no separation)?
updated by @cora-walborn: 01/13/15 09:07:11PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i did on 1st set and had 2 horns and a beavertaail yours look like they will get huge in a hurry

if u stop seperating ar leat continue to monitor for husge matts i stopped separating for 4 years and just started agaun and still finding spots that im unsure of haha

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

i only separate a couple times a month now because my hair texture is so fine that i don't think i'll have issues with huge congos or beaver tails any time soon. i was obsessing about it in the beginning too but i think it ultimately set me back in knotting. plus i was putting more time into my hair than before when it wasbrushablewhich defeats the point of letting your hair go:)

Cora Walborn
@cora-walborn
13 years ago
20 posts
I will definitely be keeping a watchful eye out for massive dread formations. Its weird but I swear my hair feels happier already. It seems to be rejoicing in it's new found freedom. I don't think I have separated in almost a week.

soaring eagle said:

i did on 1st set and had 2 horns and a beavertaail yours look like they will get huge in a hurry

if u stop seperating ar leat continue to monitor for husge matts i stopped separating for 4 years and just started agaun and still finding spots that im unsure of haha

Cora Walborn
@cora-walborn
13 years ago
20 posts
:) I feel the same way, that it's holding my hair back from dreading and knotting. And I was spending way too much time maintaining my hair then I ever have before, too. Before I started this journey I would brush and put it in a ponytail and that would be it for the day. Starting this dread was supposed to be freeing and liberating for me, I lost that ideal when I was separating. I feel really good about my decision, and I believe my hair is thanking me!

Heather said:

i only separate a couple times a month now because my hair texture is so fine that i don't think i'll have issues with huge congos or beaver tails any time soon. i was obsessing about it in the beginning too but i think it ultimately set me back in knotting. plus i was putting more time into my hair than before when it wasbrushablewhich defeats the point of letting your hair go:)

Cora Walborn
@cora-walborn
13 years ago
20 posts
I think your dreads are amazing and they give me much courage and reassurance that I'm going the right route! Thank you!

Rebel said:
iv never seperated but i think i need to start lol
David Dade
@david-dade
13 years ago
39 posts

I went that route of no separation after about my 3rd year I wanted thicker dreads all my dreads are congos now but I think congos are the best kind of dreads Im in year 7 now

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form