Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Opinions on the skirts I just made, please?

Tessa Smith
@tessa-smith
13 years ago
59 posts

I've been really in to making these wrap skirts for the past few days. No zippers, buttons, elastic, or anything like that. Just a strap that wraps around you and the skirt to hold it all together. I was thinking about selling some but I really don't know how well they would sell. So my questions are 1. Would you buy one of these skirts? and 2. If so, how much would you spend on a skirt like this? I can do a variety of lengths and sizes. The ones in the pictures are probably about a small/medium. So let me know what you guys think! I can also use different types of fabric depending on what you like. The longer skirt is made of polyester I believe and the shorter skirt is cotton.

Let me know what you think! I appreciate all comments. :)

updated by @tessa-smith: 02/14/15 10:04:12AM
babylon
@babylon
13 years ago
27 posts
I like them, the first a little better tho :)
ExaltHimx7
@exalthimx7
13 years ago
336 posts

Cute'] Look well made, too. I like the first better, just because I'm not fond of pastel colour. It's funny, I'm making skirts this week, too, lol. I have made up a pattern (if you can call it that!) for Thai wrap skirts. I loved one on etsy, but didn't want to spend the 35 bucks....sooo. One done and one in process...batik is my fave fabric to work with.

Tessa Smith
@tessa-smith
13 years ago
59 posts

Thank you :) I like the shorter one also I think although the feeling of the second is nicer because its flowy lol. Maybe I'll put one up on Etsy and see if it sells.

oh and also, if I am to put one up on Etsy how much do you think it would go for?

Tessa Smith
@tessa-smith
13 years ago
59 posts

Lol what a coincidence! I'd love to see one of the skirts you made, they sound very pretty.

ExaltHimx7 said:

Cute'] Look well made, too. I like the first better, just because I'm not fond of pastel colour. It's funny, I'm making skirts this week, too, lol. I have made up a pattern (if you can call it that!) for Thai wrap skirts. I loved one on etsy, but didn't want to spend the 35 bucks....sooo. One done and one in process...batik is my fave fabric to work with.

Cora Walborn
@cora-walborn
13 years ago
20 posts
I think they look great! I would go by the rule of 3 when / if you sell them. That's what I normally do with my things. I take the total cost it took me to make the object and multiply it by 3. 1 for the object, 1 for me and 1 for a future project / savings. I also like trading too. Good luck if you choose to sell and good luck with your future crafts :)
Tessa Smith
@tessa-smith
13 years ago
59 posts

Thank you! That's a great way to sell things. Sounds like a very fair deal! What is it you make and sell?

Cora Walborn said:

I think they look great! I would go by the rule of 3 when / if you sell them. That's what I normally do with my things. I take the total cost it took me to make the object and multiply it by 3. 1 for the object, 1 for me and 1 for a future project / savings. I also like trading too. Good luck if you choose to sell and good luck with your future crafts :)
neil coe
@neil-coe
13 years ago
361 posts

cool idea but the main discussion page is for Dread Related topics, so please dont post things like this there, thats what the groups are for, this would go great in the crafty crafters group, just a thought

ExaltHimx7
@exalthimx7
13 years ago
336 posts

just take into consideration how much the materials were, what you consider your time is worth (per hour, never charge less than an hour's wage) and that's your price. I'm NOTORIOUS for under pricing my stuff (My shop's Nyk-Naks on here), I just add like 10.00 to my costs, hahaha...all my friends yell at me for underpricing'] stalk Etsy and Ebay to get an idea and then price under that...Good Luck!!!

Tessa Smith said:

Thank you :) I like the shorter one also I think although the feeling of the second is nicer because its flowy lol. Maybe I'll put one up on Etsy and see if it sells.

oh and also, if I am to put one up on Etsy how much do you think it would go for?

Cora Walborn
@cora-walborn
13 years ago
20 posts

Your Welcome! I crochet (hats, blankets, pillow cases, skirts, etc.), make clay beads, baked goods and decorate cupcakes/cakes/cookies. I just started doing peyote stitch bead sleeves for dreads, so I will probably throw that in the mix too. I'm also trying to get back into sewing. I have an antique sewing machine I need to figure out. I'm not a very active seller, but I do all my crafts more for the joy and pleasure it gives me. I've been considering etsy, lol, but I think I'm too lazy to go that far! I think I'll have to stick with friends and family ;)

Tessa Smith said:

Thank you! That's a great way to sell things. Sounds like a very fair deal! What is it you make and sell?

Cora Walborn said:

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form