Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Asking for some positive vibes.

☮Izzy-licious☮
@izzy-licious
13 years ago
183 posts

on Tuesday Morning my little brother was rushed to the hospital, he had overdosed and they found Meth and Heroin in his system. He has yet to come to. He is being cooled to try to save his brain because we dont know how long he was out before the paramedics arrived. They are giving him 24 hours to reduce the swelling in his brain then slowly start warming him up to try and hopefully get some brain activity. I know there are lots of positive people on here so I am just asking for extra positive support! Keep him in your thoughts and prayers that he recovers. He is only 20 years old and has a whole life to live. Thank you in advance. I have had my concerns about him for the past 2 years and those concerns fell on ears that didn't want to admit I was right, Now I pray they didn't realize it too late. I am feeling helpless so I thought I would ask for the help in the positive thoughts.

Peace and Love.

Izzylicious.

updated by @izzy-licious: 02/14/15 04:42:53AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

oh god im sorry correct me if im wrong but ..was he not a topic we talked about maybe a year ago?

trying to get him help?

i hope to god he makes it and though it sounds real bad theres a fair chance he will

however if he does u cannot accept any apathy on the part of your family

hes got to go into rehab hes got to end these habitrs for good forever

there can be no fucking around no excuses no ignoting it

even if tyour the only 1 pushing for him u will have to risk it al to get him help

im willing to try too i know i never met him but i'll try to talk sense into him..and the rest of the family too

the fact that he wasnt doa on arrival o the hospitol means his chances are way better then they could have been

some ppl end up in that codition 3 or 4 times b4 coming to theyre seces and getting help

but..he will nneed help..lots of it

the day he is released his 1st impulse will be t do it again

and he will igf you dont put an end to it by being bvery strong

u may even have to forse him to get help

i wish u all the best

it does sound bad but ..ppl do recover from worse

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Cora Walborn
@cora-walborn
13 years ago
20 posts
Lots of love and light to you and your brother. I pray he has a full recovery of body and mind.
Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts

That is absolutely terrible, my thoughts and prayers are with you all!

ExaltHimx7
@exalthimx7
13 years ago
336 posts

Prayers...xo

kris
@kris
13 years ago
39 posts

So sorry to hear about your brother. Sending positive vibes your way <3

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

*sending prayers his way* so sorry:(

☮Izzy-licious☮
@izzy-licious
13 years ago
183 posts
7/26/2011 Update: Ben is currently still on life support. However his Brain is gone. Ben in all his humor and silliness was gone before he arrived at the hospital. Cause of death was a drug overdose. He is being prepped for his organs to be donated so that out of this tragedy we can hopefully save others. Sometime tomorrow we will say goodbye to the shell that managed to harness his craziness and it will go to help other families in need. As heartbroken as I am I want not to dwell on the negative but remember the good times we all shared with my silly little brother. I am planning on starting a foundation to raise awareness for addiction and promote musical and other creative outlet education. I ask if anyone has any ideas or wishes to help to please contact me. So that hopefully we can save even more lives. I will update with more details for memorial services. Until then, I and my family appreciate with all our hearts the thoughts and prayers you have sent. We could not ask for better family and friends.

With all my love,
At 9:28p on 7/28/11 we said our final goodbyes to Ben. His liver, pancreas, kidneys and lungs are going to 4 people who will be given the gift of life. He will always always always be in our hearts and minds.
I will always love you baby brother. I will think about you every single day! I will honor your memory and love for music by sharing your story with the world!

This is just a small glimpes of what my brother was like before the drugs. He is the one asking for her hand in marriage with a piece from his Tuba.

Here is a note from my Mother...

As many of you already know we have lost our wonderful talented and loving son, Benjamin, to drugs, he was declared clinically brain dead on Wednesday and today we let him go. As a family we decided to try to make some sense of this tragedy and have something good come from it by donating his organs, he will be helping 4 people get their lives back. Please try to understand what drugs will do to a person. We don't for one minute believe Ben did this on purpose or to hurt us, but got involved in something that he thought he could control and that is what we wanted to believe too. Thank you for all your prayers and kind words. Fred, Sara and I will survive this with your help. We love you all. We love you Benjamin. We will miss you more than you can ever imagine.

Benjamin Roy Taylor 5/23/1991- 7/26/2011 taken at age 20 too soon!

Saphire Fav
@saphire-fav
13 years ago
12 posts
I am sorry for your loss, but just as you said, THINK OF LIFE and how great he was at it! Sometimes in dark times we cry for our past loved ones, but if you can manage lauph, and remember the greatness inside him. Much love
taye
@taye
13 years ago
833 posts

I just watched the you tube video. Your brother is adorable. Life can be hard. It is so very easy to become controlled by substances. My thoughts are with you. I too have lost incredible people that I love to drugs. There is nothing that I can say to make it better but I have words of wisdom from my daughter. When my mother died..I was alone in my room crying. My (then) 3 year old daughter came up to me and asked if i was crying because I missed Nanna. She then explained to me ....."as long as she is in your heart, she will never be far away."

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form