Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My head's a freaking disaster

fermin Lujan
@fermin-lujan
13 years ago
37 posts

So i have been dreading for almost 20 days and i'm having problems with washing. so i wash like this: Baking soda wash, wait ten mins, rinse, acv, rinse and i wet my hair with water every day between washes. and it seems like every day of my journey, even just after i get out of the shower, there is still gunk and crap in my hair and after it dries the dandruff is just as bad. plus i get a terrible itch all the time. What do i need to do? continue doing this till it gets better or try something else. please reply D:

updated by @fermin-lujan: 02/14/15 09:58:31AM
Amy Lee2
@amy-lee2
13 years ago
87 posts

maybe start out with a weaker solution in both mixtures until your scalp adjusts? and rinse longer. i kinda massage my scalp while rinsing too. and try adding a couple drops of tea tree oil. but not too much!!

Cora Walborn
@cora-walborn
13 years ago
20 posts

My head gets super itchy after a bs wash and acv rinse. I don't think I am going to do that anymore. I know I rinse thoroughly and then rinse some more, but for some reason my scalp does not care for the bs / acv. Not to mention that my hair looks so flat, limp and oily afterwards (it doesn't feel oily, just looks it). I'm going to stick with just dr. bronner's, my scalp and hair likes it much more.

I think every person's hair and skin is different. The norm doesn't always work for everyone. I wish it did, because everyone raves about how great the results are of the bs / acv, I just don't get those results, and I know I am following the directions to a T.

I think you find what works best for you and not stray. Give Dr. Bronners a try or even a daily clarifying shampoo by sauve, neutrogena or similar.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

coupe drops treatre more drops rosemaery irs maybe your water or how u mix the bs or u can try siomething else like a clarifying shapoo

i'm thiking of doing a clarifying shampoo every so often too

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
fermin Lujan
@fermin-lujan
13 years ago
37 posts
i put a few drops of tea tree in but it doesnt seem to make a change. i do the bs by putting some water in, then the bs, shaking it up, then filling up the rest. where can i get a clarifying shampoo? is that that coal stuff?
Rosie Ford
@rosie-ford
13 years ago
12 posts

I was washing with baking soda and acv, and it left scum on my head. I don't know how else to describe it- it was white scum. I could scrape it off with my fingernail, and it came off like dandruff. I thought maybe it was just dandruff, even though I have never had it before... But it just wasn't, it was clearly a residue of some sort, and it was sticky and gross. Baking soda is supposed to be really clean-rinsing, as far as I've read, but for me it was pretty gross. I started washing with a diluted 12 to 1 water with Dr. Bronner's castille soap and my scalp is happy again and my hair is dreading MUCH faster. I'd recommend trying something else. The baking soda just doesn't work for everyone.

fermin Lujan
@fermin-lujan
13 years ago
37 posts
oh ok thanks i will try to go out and get some Dr. Bonner's... but how do u dilute it? like put it in a gallon jug or something?
Rosie Ford
@rosie-ford
13 years ago
12 posts
I make it as I go. 1 teaspoon Dr. Bronner's with 4 tablespoons water (that's a 1:12 ratio). I have oily hair, so less than that per wash isn't quite enough. You can make it in any quantity, though, and just keep it in the shower in a big jug if you want, as long as you stick to 1:12 ratio, 1 part Dr. B's with 12 parts water.
fermin Lujan
@fermin-lujan
13 years ago
37 posts

oh ok and howe many washes can i get out of say... a gallon jug?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

lots

haha u use a small ammount

what i do is i have 2 bronners bottles (the big ones) i add 1/2-3/34 inch on the bottiom fuill with water so u have 1 du]iluted bottle 1 full strength

the diluteds bottle will last a month or 2 the full strength 1 6 months or so

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form