Dreadlocks Forums

locticians who hate dreads

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

ok i posted this vid last year about

(using both links and embeds)

and if you see the comments a loctician "sweetmobiledreads" whos dreads look like these

posted that all the dreads on our site are "some nasty shit right there"

when all her clients are more scalp then dread

many locticians use "shame tactics" to get ya in the door walk up to u on the street and say "your dreads look like shit i can fix them for you"

how many of ya have had that happen? had a loctician tell you your dreads needed to be fixed?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 01/13/15 09:06:57PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

haha well said

but you think you got it bad being a black person ?

try being white and trying to explain the damage u get called shitlocks u get called gross and u get "oh yea im going to listen to a white man you dont know nothing bout our hair type"

and "maybe white ppls hair can dread naturaly but im black it wont dread without help if ui leave it alone i get a fuzzy afro ariund the roots" (yea a whole 1/8 of an inch how horible right?)

thety get so freaked out if a tiny bit of hairs not dreaded already

i mean did u seee some of those? the dread thickness was maybe 1/64th of an inch comeing from a 3/4 inch section

--
Mary
@mary
13 years ago
140 posts

As a black person when I see people walk around with thin dreads and their scalp is showing, I get goosebumps. Like seriously, something about seeing all that scalp and thin little dreads are a bit scary. My sister and I got into an argument in June because she said that my dreads looked terrible and I should go visit someone for maintenance. So I bought the overhead dryer and told her that I would save money and maintain it on my own. Lets just say that my kitten is more attracted to the dryer than I am.

Anyway I went to my college Admissions office to submit some documents. Instead of being in and out I was told to take a number and sit. So I had this feeling that someone was staring daggers at me so I look in the direction. There is a woman with sunglasses on and she had her dreadlocks in a bun. I realized that she was a mom and her daughter was sitting next to her. She kept staring at my hair until I sat down next to her. I got a good look at her hair and I was really confused. She had all of these skinny dreadlocks in a huge bun but her hairline was receding and there were huge gaps in between each lock.

Like yes the manicured locks can be asthetically pleasing, but I'm 22 I don't want to have to start plucking out dreadlocks that were twisted to their limit.

Heidela
@heidela
13 years ago
27 posts
Those do not even look like dreads they look lik reallt bad extensions stuck to tiny bits of scalp hair
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

or like a doll head tiny strands of plastic hair poku=ing outta lil holes in the head

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form