Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Ah psychology...year 1

Renee
@renee
13 years ago
22 posts
Since I have not posted in a while (though I do reference the forums quite a bit for support), I decided to drop a line since my one year anniversary is approaching.This has been such an interesting journey, starting with elation in the beginning, and running the gamut of emotions from fear, frustration, joy, bliss and confusion!To date, my dreads are locking up very well with a few exceptional loose hairs. The back underside is very tight, as seems to be typical. I have had virtually no growth in the back since the shrinking became extreme 4-5 months ago.I now am starting to see the curlies start in the front of my hair, and have some apprehension about just how short these will become. I am surprised to see just how much shrinkage has occurred (and I know I am not the only one!), and am weary to discover that it may continue to year two and beyond.For now, I am enjoying them, and will keep them so long as I do. I am not attached, as is an attitude I hold in all areas of my life - or at least strive to. I am also reminding myself of this spiritual journey that unfolds through the teaching of this process that is also beyond what I expected; This is the perfect outlet to explore ego, patience and releasing expectation.An interesting thing I have found is just when I am deciding I am ready to cut them all off, I get back to back compliments on their beauty and progress. I will post some updated pics on my almost 12 month progress.Much love to all!Renee
updated by @renee: 01/13/15 09:06:51PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

here i was expecting a totaly off topic discussion of university courses or something haha

but dont ya worry the shrinkage is nearing its end it wont be long ti;l u see some growth how did u start off though?

your at a year

measure today and measure round mid winter i bet ya see some real growth by then

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Renee
@renee
13 years ago
22 posts

I backcombed for about 17 hours last year and found the forum the next day. My one year measure is August 6th. I will measure, thanks! I know our view can be warped when we are in the thick of it.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

they look amazing :)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Renee
@renee
13 years ago
22 posts

Thanks, soaring eagle...ever the loving and supportive friend :)

soaring eagle said:

they look amazing :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form