dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Blonde dreadlocks needs help!

Carl Gränsmark
@carl-grnsmark
13 years ago
5 posts

Hello dreadheads!

I'm a 15 years old swedish teen and i've had my dreads for aboout 7 months. I did them by backcombing and chroochet hooking. Now I am really worried 'cause my dreads have ALOT of bumps and loops, some are flat. I have alot of loose hairs also. I have about 20 dreadlocks (I know, thin, straight swedish hair). I need advice, is it normal that they look like this? Is there anything i can do? I kind of like them a bit messy, but not this messy! I have been chrochet hooking but it doesn't help. PLS HELP!

updated by @carl-grnsmark: 02/14/15 06:23:52AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

yes the loops amnd bumpas are normal but stiop thre criocheting thats going to destroy them! crochets extremely bad for dreads but 20 dreads are going to be huge

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Carl Gränsmark
@carl-grnsmark
13 years ago
5 posts

Okey, thanks alot! But what about all the loose hairs? Are my dreads going to be bigger than they are now?

soaring eagle said:

yes the loops amnd bumpas are normal but stiop thre criocheting thats going to destroy them! crochets extremely bad for dreads but 20 dreads are going to be huge

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

those are huge just looked at the pics and if you didnt crochet theyd be way bigger

i wqould recomend starting over with 3 times as many dreads but the crochets probly donre too much harm to do that

stop crochetig

if u dont want massive dreads id start over if u like them huge then just leave em alone

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

you create lkoose hairs by breaking hairs with crochet!

loose hairs are normal they need to be left alone! they get better over time but only time will help them

and yes they will gert huge

crochet makes dreads way too tight and thin 1/3 the size a healthy dread will be and dreads thicken over time

till mature

measure the root section area thats how big they will get

Carl Grnsmark said:

Okey, thanks alot! But what about all the loose hairs? Are my dreads going to be bigger than they are now?

soaring eagle said:

--
Gary Charlesworth
@gary-charlesworth
13 years ago
50 posts

Damn they must be heavy when you wash em!

I aggree with SE, STOP crocheting, it just tears the hairs up.

Loose hairs are nothing to worry about. Every single one of my dreads has loose hair. it'll grow in by itself eventually.

Don't worry about lumps bumps or flatness, your hair will do what it wants to do to dread up. It's designed for dreads anyway!

Best advise, throw out ur mirrors, ignore what people say about your dreads and enjoy the journey. After 7 months your hair is probably trying to recover from the damage of backcombing and crocheting.

Don't do ANYTHING to it, except for washing and separating congos.

Peace!

Evelyn Maes
@evelyn-maes
13 years ago
30 posts

Hmm, they look a bit loose, mine were made the same way but are way more compact. I have them now for 4,5 month and didn't used the crochet hook since i had them, i also have lots of lose hairs but they will go away or get less over time. Mostly they join other dreads. Mine have also lots of loops and bumps, some of them look like they are mutating and getting fingers haha.

But looking at your pics, honestly, i would start over. They will be huge i think. My hair is also thin but i have 35 dreads (as far as i can count them properly), thats almost twice as much.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

agreed 20 or less are massive about as thicjk as u would ever want em without causing lots of problems 30-40 is thick

40--50 medium thick

50-60 medium average

60-70 thinnish

70-100 thin - real thin

100+ very thin

200-400 micri thin

now we do have a frew with under 20 ..real thick but they are mostly congos

if your 20 ever accifdently congo wich can happen easily then u will have dreads that are outta control huge

if u dont mind huge and will be very sure u seperate and never let em congo u might nit have to start over

if u start over you will lose alotta hair that crochet broke so keep that in muind

if u do dstart over tnr no crochet or bertter et go natural

--
Carl Gränsmark
@carl-grnsmark
13 years ago
5 posts

Thanks for everybodys help! But my dreads are alot different sizes, cant i restart the big ones? 'cause i have alot of normal sized ones and small....

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

yea u can do that

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form