Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

loctician salon dreads bad ideas

stacey
@stacey
13 years ago
16 posts

I decided to go to a salon to get locked up and Im afraid that was not the smartest move! She uses a hook to loop my dreads around as they grow out so now i look like i have 1/2 loops and 1/2 knotty dreads . :| Because the looped part is close to the scalp, I have no idea how to get the new, loose hairs inside of them. *sigh* If only I had been more patient.

I want to take over the maintenance of my hair because Im paying $200 a month and Im not completely happy.

SO Im here to read, read, read and hopefully end up with some happier results!

Thanks! :)

edited by admin to add her mesage to me:

I went in about 10 weeks ago. I have caucasian hair, btw. She started by sectioning it off. She back combed, twisted, then back combed some more. She covered it with "Murray's superior hair dressing pomade." Then she took each one and split it in half close to the scalp and tucked the end through. She did this a couple of times to each one. Then she sent me home a waxy mess and told me to come back in 3 weeks and do not wash my hair.

I went back in 3 weeks and she rubbed my scalp down with some sort of cleaner, waxed me up again, sent me home and told me to come back in 4 weeks and do not wash my hair.

I went back in 4 weeks and she washed my hair, dried it, back combed, twisted, and did that loopy thing again (my hair was so tight, i took several motrin and could not sleep!) Covered them in wax again. Same thing...sent me home and told me not to wash it. Return in 4 weeks.

AGAIN...I went back after 4 weeks. Same routine. Only this time she decided some were too thin so she started combining them by back combing the ends together. NOW I have splits down the middle of a lot of them. That was last week.

I do have what I would call some really nice dreading in the middle of each one. The ends are a little loose, but I started reading and have been using "Lock peppa" and maintaining those myself. They ends are finally starting to match the middle. The part close to my scalp though...where it was looped...just looks like looped hair. Ive been trying to thumb roll the loose hairs and tuck them inside (like ive read to do) but they are looped so tightly that I cannot poke anything inside!

I want to take over my hair maintenance, but Im just not sure where to start.

I paid $500 for the initial appointment and $400 more since...to total $900.

updated by @stacey: 02/14/15 02:09:05AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,639 posts

ok yikes

di]=o you mean pulling the entire dread through the gap in the roots? thats called interlocking and is extremely bad if instead you mean crochet thats also bad

basicly everythung salons do and recomend is wrong but the recovery from each can take diferent care so i want to be sure which was done as well as every other detail

and your hair type as well as pics if possible

but loops and loose hairs ..are all part of dreading (natural loops and loose hairs not the loops resulting from interlocking or the loose hau=irs from crochet breaking hairs)

umm 200 a month? wow what did u pay total? u realize dreads should be free and take no work at all?

wel

i sent u a inv]box message so if u can give all the details i requested there here instead we'll get to work on saving your dreads

but..maintenance is not what u wanyt or need ..the oposuitew is stop everything they recomendede

do nothing but wash and seperate and wait

unless wax was used then u want to remove wax

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
stacey
@stacey
13 years ago
16 posts

yes interlocking is what she did.

stacey
@stacey
13 years ago
16 posts
yes, free was what I had in mind! lol Ive paid $900 total.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,639 posts

ok i copied your message to me here and edited title and moved it because these are important things for people to know before falling for locticians

1 i would demand my money back you spent aklmost 1000 dollars on dreads?

what u needed to dread was

lose your comb..the end

now

wax..pure evil wax musrt must must be removed every bit of it

washing dreasds is the 1 thing you should be doing ..from day 1 ..dreads need to be clean to dread ..she did not want your hair to dread so she could b=keep u comming back to try to force it to dread

interlocking causes weak spots and can cause baldness! roots never should be tightened by force!

loose hairs leave em alone they get better over time stop tucking them in they will find theyre own way

wash your dreads remove wax wash them remove wax wash rthem remove wax

umm re-backcombing? seriusly?

the ends are better off loose

they dry 5 times faster

man i shed a tear after reading your story

how can anyone do that to you and take that much money for it?

dont worry when the wax is all gone they will drwad..but the interlock points wuill always be weak if any are recent enough to loop back through and undo the interlocking u should..if nit just be gentle with em and hope for the best theres no way to repair it just j]hope it will be ok..most dont break some do

your poor scalp

dreading sghould not hurt ..

i bet u cant wait to wash emk huh

--
stacey
@stacey
13 years ago
16 posts
so...first thing in the morning im going to wash them! hot water...until i get as much wax out as possible. should i baking soda/ACV them after i soak in hot water?then what? no combing, no back combing? do i still have to wrap it up in this scarf thing that she gave me to sleep in?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,639 posts

oh and di o not use lock peppa! use no products at all lock peppa is a cat ear hair removal product it does nothing at all its just another scam

--
stacey
@stacey
13 years ago
16 posts
I forgot about all the rubberbands too! should i remove those? some are just on the tips, some are wrapped completely up and down the dread.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,639 posts

haha well untill the wax is gone that scarf will save your pillows and everythung and save tyour dreads from dirt sticking ein em but no whenthe wax is gone u dont need that and nooo no backcombing no nothing just remove wazx

what id try is very hot water and scrub like crazy with dawn dish soap dont worry if they loosen up thats a good thing

u can do baking soda after if u want since she didnt let u wash in what 3 mionths? the bs rinse might be black!

undiluted vinafger soaks will help remove wax too might soften em up alot ho

if she used alot of wax u might waht to get some of the orange oil based solvents to remove more

when your wax free they just will dread

can we get pictures?

b4 and after?

stacey said:

so...first thing in the morning im going to wash them! hot water...until i get as much wax out as possible. should i baking soda/ACV them after i soak in hot water?

then what? no combing, no back combing? do i still have to wrap it up in this scarf thing that she gave me to sleep in?

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,639 posts

oh god she really did every single thing wrong huh yesss rubber bands need to cvome out right away they should have come out the 1srt..maybe 2nd day max

stacey said:

I forgot about all the rubberbands too! should i remove those? some are just on the tips, some are wrapped completely up and down the dread.

--
 / 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form