Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Kind of down thinking about cutting or trimming

GratefulNick
@gratefulnick
13 years ago
155 posts
Well its been 4 years since I've had a haircut, and I've been natural dreading them for 3 years. I love my dreadlocks, I mean love them.I feel like every girl I meet just likes me for my image and after a night it's like good bye that was fun. Some times I feel really alienated by my society. It's just like people judge you before they know you, around here that means people think your a low life. I'm 27 years old and play in 2 different bands, and I'm not gonna lie, it gets really fucking hot. This week is especially hot here in 100s. I feel like if I cut my dreads I'll just be like the average looking plain joe. I do like the fact that my dreads help me meet alot of cool open minded people. I don't know I said before im gonna be 27 and maybe I'm having some mid life crisis/ mental break down with all the bullshit happening around me. I dunno what to do but I guess I'll just wait and when im ready to cut i will. sometimes change is good and i think if i cut i would probly start another set with thinner dreads and less congos
updated by @gratefulnick: 01/13/15 09:06:31PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

sounds like the issue with your life not your dreads u need a change but will a haircut do the trick? doubt it

maybe u should stop handing out with gir,s who will disapear the next day? maybe ya shoulsd not let things go so far till u knew em a few weeeks?

maybe u need a vission quest a cross country trek with no timeline no destination the only goal to go and go till you sooth your soul

i dunno just dont seem like a haircuts gonna help ya much

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
GratefulNick
@gratefulnick
13 years ago
155 posts

Yeah I think your right SE, a haircut really isn't going to change anything, So I'm gonna keep them growing why stop at 3 years.

Sometimes I think about these girls and one night stands, sometimes I think girls are just affraid to take me home to meet their parents.

If somone wants to be part of your life they will make an effort to be in it. Don't bother reserving a place in your heart for somone who doesnt make an effort to stay.

Cathy
@cathy
13 years ago
33 posts

Would you really want tp be in a relatioonship with a woman who gives it up so soon?

If you love your dreads don't get rid of them on a wim, there'll be a woman out there that will love them as much as you do! (and stick around to see them grow :) )

Amy Lee2
@amy-lee2
13 years ago
87 posts

i agree with cathy. an easy lay groupie is not likely to be a good candidate for a partner. (insert ho/ housewife verbage) if you expect change, you have to change. and the type of girls you are letting in your life. maybe check out the dating site on this page? or another dating site? in my experience, they are good tools to find someone that is exactly what you are looking for. i met my partner of 3 yrs on one such site. hope things get better for you brother.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

just dont take em home hat 1st ight handg out a few weeks befor getting involved and problem solved

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
erutxet
@erutxet
13 years ago
12 posts

I can relate to what you're saying, gratefulnick. I've been dreading since last December and more often than not, when something I don't like happens to me socially, I'll take it out on my dreadlocks. The reason why I haven't cut them yet is because I've had loving, supportive people around me who tell me I'm beautiful as I am, and that if I like my hair, I should keep it. Why should I change for other people? The only reason why you should cut is if YOU don't like your hair anymore, but not because of life events that you cannot control. You have no idea why those two women did not want to continue relations with you, but to cut off your own hair in retaliation and frustration seems like you're struggling with a bit of insecurity and self-confidence. That is what my issue is, anyway. I constantly remind myself that in many of our societies, conformity is imposed upon us to the point where we are afraid to grow up and become who we really are ... so for me to be myself it is a blessing and I am lucky to be that strong. You should be proud of yourself and love you and your hair, because those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.. (Dr. Seuss) haha. You have really awesome hair and it's not like cutting them or not is going to change your awesomeness, but it would be crappy if you cut your hair because you felt worried about people's perception of you... it's better for you to be a first rate you than a second rate someone else... seriously... there are thousands of men and WOMEN who appreciate your style and uniqueness in different ways as you express yourself in this world, don't get caught up in thinking that we all have to be the same to gain... that's what 'they' want you to think but it's sooo not true.... the rainbow isn't all one colour, that's why it's so beautiful... hahahha okay i'm going to stop typing now.... <3

Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts

I'm kind of in the opposite position than you, I am 26 going on 27 (in sept) and I just started my dreads as part of my "mid life crisis" you can say. I've been unhappy with most of my life and it was part of a huge change in my life grasping onto happiness and change and finally allowing my hair to do what its always wanted to do, kind of resembling and remidning me to do what I've always wanted in life and to not give up regardless of the stages it takes to get to the end result (things loosening falling apart, crazy zig zags, good days bad days,) my hair is going through all of the stages to "mature" that I do in life. <3 and hugs and I really hate to sound like a broken record but any girl shallow enough to be a one night stand and not give you a chance because of your dreads or something is not woman enough to look inside of you, or even get to know you fully and that's not someone you need to be with! Good luck!!

GratefulNick
@gratefulnick
13 years ago
155 posts
It was love at first site and I have hung out with her a few times, its just I feel like a disposible razor. Its not lke I'm clingy but I always invite her on dates and its like no she's so reclusive, I guess in the end I'm just tired of being alone but u all make me feel better about everything
GratefulNick
@gratefulnick
13 years ago
155 posts

Thats actually a really good idea, I'm gonna rip apart a few congos

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form