Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

End of one journey already working on a new one :)

☮Izzy-licious☮
@izzy-licious
13 years ago
183 posts

So I have been a dreadie now for nearly 2 years 1 year and 9 months and29 days to be exact.... Due to the thickness of my dreads and the extream heat we have been having in AZ my dreads were looking very rough! I felt like I was in a rut and I needed to start over.. better sectioning thinner more feminine looking... so I took the plunge and cut them off... I cried but my hair was in really bad shape... I did not start with wax on this set and just used Baking Soda and Apple Cider Vinegar washes. I did dye them using regular dye and I think that is what really did them in so next time I will use Henna instead... Here is some photos of the process.

As you can see so much loose hair and really thick dreads, took like 2 days to dry fully only for me to shower and start the process over again. I am lucky it is dry in AZ otherwise I would have mold like crazy!

Here is the new do and I love it... Very different but going to start growing it again for a new healthier set :)

I will still be lingering on here so don't worry I am not gone for good now that I don't have my own dreads. I will still be envious of all of yours!

Soon I will be back with a new set!

Oh and yes... I did cry before I got to the salon... I was freaking out but it was time...

Namaste'

Izzylicious!

updated by @izzy-licious: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

aww izzy your next set will be even better and this time you'll keep em forever

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags