Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

how to section for dreads

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
your hair will section itself naturally if you stop combing a week or 2. you can use these natural sections as a guide if you choose to twist and rip or backcomb, or just allow them to dread naturally.if you decide you want to section yourself heres some guidelinesdo not do a square checkerboard pattern or you will look ridiculous.if you want thin dreads make take hair from a small area , from the size of a pensil to a finger thickness, sections dont need to be square or round or any shape, the only important thing is to make sure as much as possinbble that hairs dont cross at the roots,. you dont want hair that wants to be in 1 dread being forced into another.if you want thick dreads make the sections closer to an inch acrrossif you want natural looking drewads that blend beautifuly do random sizes, some thick some thin.if you want uniform semi fake looking dreads make every section near the same size.(if you went with mostly small sections the variety in size woint matter and they wont look fake like ones that are thick but all the same size)i recommend allowing your hair to section itself and use that as a guide

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 01/13/15 08:27:32PM
Holypipi
@holypipi
15 years ago
16 posts
I pretty much just grab hair and backcomb it... I don't like the square clone looking dreads... Mine are all pretty different ^^
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
i just let em do what they wanted and was very happy how they turned out

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
KnottyKonner
@knottykonner
15 years ago
40 posts
Yeah that's how I did itStop combing your hair for a couple of weeks and you will see those natural sections and I just back combed those!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form