dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

MOST IMPORTANT INGREDIENT FOR SUCCESSFUL LOCS

blaqvenus
@blaqvenus
13 years ago
4 posts

PATIENCE IS THEY KEY INGREDIENT.

WITHOUT IT YOU WILL FIND YOURSELF WITH SELF DOUBT, COMPARING YOUR LOCS TO OTHERS AND FEEL INTIMIDATED.

LOCS GO THROUGH A BABY STAGE, KID STAGE, UNRULY TEENAGE STAGE, AND THEN FINALLY ADULT, MATURE STAGE.

DON'T RUSH THE PROCESS. LESS IS MORE. THE LESS PRODUCTS AND THE CLEANER YOUR HAIR IS, WILL HELP IT GROW AND STAY HEALTHY.

THE BEST WAY TO REMOVE RESIDUE:

SOAK YOUR HAIR IN A BOWL OF HOT WATER WITH

HALF CUP OF APPLE CIDER VINEGAR & 3 TABLE SPOONS OF BAKING SODA

YOU'LL SEE THE BUILD UP IN THE BOWL AFTER. DO AS MANY TIMES AS YOU LIKE.

SUFFER FROM DRY HAIR?

PLACE DAMP TOWEL IN MICROWAVE FOR 5-10 MINUTES.

RUB JOJABA OIL, TEA TREE OIL, RAW COCONUT OIL, OR OLIVE OIL AROUND EDGES AND DOWN MIDDLE OF SCALP.

PLACE HOT TOWEL ON HEAD FOR 10 MINUTES. MASSAGE TOWEL DOWN LOCS. OIL WILL HEAT AND MELT INTO LOCS GIVING YOU SHINE AND MOISTURE.

I AM NOT AN EXPERT. THIS IS MY EXPERIENCE AFTER TRYING SEVERAL DIFFERENT TECHNIQUES.

I HOPE IT WORKS FOR YOU :)

~BLAQVENUS

updated by @blaqvenus: 02/14/15 03:31:43AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

great 1st post LOUD but got the message accross

featured

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
blaqvenus
@blaqvenus
13 years ago
4 posts
Thanks. some reason i like caps so i can see it better. i'm not really yelling.lol.
Charlotte
@charlotte
13 years ago
57 posts

Erm not to burst your bubble at all... generally I agree! But putting an acid and an alkali in a bowl will result in you resulting with either a bowl of plain bog standard water, or if you've put more of one than the other a slightly vinegar OR slightly baking powder mix... So you might as well save your cash and just put the one in...

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

ah i didnt catch that actualy the 2 combine with a chemical reaction creating another acid that u dont want id use only the acv to remove residues

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Amy Lee2
@amy-lee2
13 years ago
87 posts
5-10 minutes seems like a long (dangerous) time for a towel in the microwave to me!! is there a reason for this length of time?
blaqvenus
@blaqvenus
13 years ago
4 posts
depends on your microwave. mine is old and slow. lol. it should be nice and steamy.
blaqvenus
@blaqvenus
13 years ago
4 posts
I've done it plenty of times before and i got this info from people who have been doing it for 10 plus years. it works best for me. i have tried so many products and this is what works wonders on my hair. if it doesn't sound right to you, simply do not do it.
Amy Lee2
@amy-lee2
13 years ago
87 posts
whoa there. wasnt trying to offend. simply voicing a concern. i have a newer micro and am almost certain that towel would burst into flames ;)
baby britt
@baby-britt
13 years ago
112 posts
ahhh i love this =) thank you. seems like i can't be reminded of this enough.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form