dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Mold! HELP!

Dee2
@dee2
13 years ago
25 posts

Hi all,

I'm freaking out cause I found a little bit of mold (I'm almost sure it's mold) in two of my dreads...it's close to the root but not on it. Any help how I can remove it? It's just a bit but I don't want it to get worse.

For shampoo I use baking soda/water and for rinse I use the ACV plus jojoba oil + essential oils (tee tree and rosemary). I usually wash my hair about once per week. Please help :(

updated by @dee2: 01/22/20 09:33:16AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

idf its mold yiud smell moldy when wet or damp

mold cures

3/4 cup white vinager 1/4 cup water 30-50 drops lavender eo pour on and leave on do not rince ..at k=least 24 hours

method 2 strong strng strong thyme tea pour on soak 24 hours or so

other thigs that help very hot wash

sun dry sun helps kill em dry thouroughly b4 u ver tie em up or put in a hat or wouldnt wever do that towel wrap thing women do even 5 minutes in a towel or anything could cause mi]old

i doubt it is mold or u would smell it..strong

but if it is this will help

and start adding lavender to the bs/acv as a preventative

oh in severe cases neem seed oil kills all parasytes mi]olds funguses even leprocy

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dee2
@dee2
13 years ago
25 posts

Here are a few pictures, can you tell me if this looks like mold? I can't think of what else it could be, I don't smell anything, maybe cause it's small

updated by @dee2: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

fuzz or lint is a def possibility i got loads of it l9l if u ever waxed ghen wax

wet it sniff if it dont stink olike mold when wet then its not an6hing to worry about just lint or fuzz wool fibres whatever

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts
It looks like the skin tags from your follicles to me. Because your hair is dark, they stand out even more. Unless you smell something, I wouldn't worry. This doesn't look like mold to me. And I would try washing your hair a bit more, atleast 2-3 times a week. (You might want to also watch your pillow case and use one that isn't fuzzy or sheddable).
Dee2
@dee2
13 years ago
25 posts
Thanks! I've never used wax or anything like it. I also don't use any fuzzy bed linens/pillowcases...I'm not sure what it could be. But thanks much for the input! I'll do the vinegar wash just in case...
vicki miller
@vicki-miller
10 years ago
1 posts

Hi....this is Vicki from Dreadlock Shampoo. I worked on a Mold killer for a year and it is finally on the website store. I tried ever essential oil and researched and tested, tested, tested. There are essential oils that will inhibit the growth of mold but will not kill the spores (lavender, tea tree) This stuff really works. Mold does not have to smell and will start growing in 24 to 72 hours.....some you will see other times no sight just musty smell. If your dreads don't dry....you get mold. This is a once a month treatment...it does work longer but if you keep tying up your locs you can get a new case of mold....that's why I recommend using it once a month.

Rustdust
@rustdust
10 years ago
72 posts

Not a fan of the Vinegar and sodium thing, PH values are extreme, not good long term in my opinion, The best things for mould is air flow and sunlight ... do you live in a cold climate ?

Dia
@dia
10 years ago
15 posts

I've found some of that icky stuff in my hair as well... I figured it was dandruff that got stuck in my dreadlocks because I had a bad dandruff problem starting out.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form