Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

How Long Does Your Dreads Grow In the first 7 months.

Austin Potter
@austin-potter
13 years ago
54 posts
I understand everyone is different. im just curious how long they will be when i come home for christmas from college im going to college far away and i am really excited to shock my family and hometown friends!!
updated by @austin-potter: 02/14/15 03:50:12AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

they shrink not grow 1st 8-13 months

they wont grow till next year

but then they grow like craxzy

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
13 years ago
393 posts
Mine are still shrinking even though I am well into my second year.
Medusa
@medusa
13 years ago
57 posts
Oh say it ain't so!! I'm eight months and I *think* the shrinkage has slowed to a crawl, if not stopped. I love em, and I'm patiently waiting for them to get some length!! I've lost at least 2/3 of my starting length already!!

GoldenEagle said:
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

typicaly shrinking stops and growth starts between 8 and 13 months..typicaly..but alotta dread dont understand the word typical and do whatever they want

i know 1 guy who started his dreads the very same week as i did..his arent much past his shoulders 21 years later

Medusa said:

Oh say it ain't so!! I'm eight months and I *think* the shrinkage has slowed to a crawl, if not stopped. I love em, and I'm patiently waiting for them to get some length!! I've lost at least 2/3 of my starting length already!!

GoldenEagle said:

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

u probly got a drastic shrinking period ahead of u unless theyre real short

Christian Wendland said:

They do shrink somewhat, but on average hair grows about 1/2 inch per month so 6 inches per year. However i'm approaching my 8th month right now and honestly haven't grown much more than inch or 2, they look and lay much better though.Patience

--
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
at 9 months mine haven't even started the shrinking phase yet. i have late bloomer locks:)
Gabriella Smith
@gabriella-smith
13 years ago
12 posts
Wow, 21 years and barely past his shoulders. Damn I hope that doesn't happen to me. I want my hair to grow out so badly. I feel so naked and less feminine with my hair almost to my shoulders. :(
Medusa
@medusa
13 years ago
57 posts
I feel the same way!! Mine was mid back before we backcombed. Now it's all above my shoulders!! I'm ready for some growth!!!

Gabriella Smith said:
Wow, 21 years and barely past his shoulders. Damn I hope that doesn't happen to me. I want my hair to grow out so badly. I feel so naked and less feminine with my hair almost to my shoulders. :(
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
13 years ago
393 posts

I have fairly thin* dreadlocks and the general consensus among those with thin dreadlocks is the fact that they take longer to mature.

Footnote:

Thin: At least the same width of a standard number two pencil or thinner

Medusa said:

GoldenEagle said:
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form