Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My first real comparison with a waxy dread head

CrazyDaizy99
@crazydaizy99
13 years ago
81 posts

So, my teen daughter really wanted me to meet her college aged friend with dreads so that I could see how different they were than mine. She forwarned me that it would be a night and day comparison and boy was she right. So I went and met this sweet kid the other night and of course he let me examine his dreads. He backcombed and waxed his dreads and he told me it took only 3 days to loc! Now he is a couple of years into them and to me they still feel like solid wax. He said that sometimes he has green gunk that comes out of them. That was pretty creepy sounding to me. So his dreads are all perfectly sectioned. His dreads are all mature. But I didn't even feel like we shared the same type of hairstyle because I have natural dreads and they are far from perfect or sectioned. I am 13 months in and my hair is so tight, but all my ends are wispy. My husband always questions me about why the ends aren't locked up and if that is okay. I tell him it is because he has only met people with wax tubes and this is what the real deal looks like. LOL! Anyhow, I have never done any wool caps just because I don't like the way they feel on my head. So I don't necessarily have the same fuzzy texture that other people do. All my dreads are kinky and crazy and they all feel super clean. I ripped off two small dreads at the nape of my neck and cut them open just to examine them and the only thing I found inside were a few tiny pieces of fuzz. I can live with that. But I am so glad that I began my dreads at the ocean and just allowed them to dread naturally. I didn't know a single thing about dreadlocks when I started so I am thankful that I never tried anything that would cause them to feel yucky or that would make me want to start over!

updated by @crazydaizy99: 01/13/15 09:06:04PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

green gunk that drips out of them? ewwww nasty

i hope u lectured him and recomended wax removal

green? thats not good..or healthy

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dready Mimi
@dready-mimi
13 years ago
16 posts
Green stuff??? EEEWWWWWW!!My dreads are all natty with lots of wispies. I used to fret about the wishpies until I took a closer look at the dreads of two women I greatly respect. Both of them had the wispies. ;o) These babies are nearly 3 from when I lost my comb. They are fat and thin, and lumpy and curvy and wispy and full of character. One of them has even swallowed a beaded wire wrap that I put in at about 18 months in. I wouldn't trade them for evenly sectioned dreads now, although I thought I wanted perfectly sectioned, pencil thin, evenly rolled dreads when I started. These are mine and mine alone
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

ohh yea and the wild and imperfect uniqueness shure beatsoozing green tubes of waxy ickiness

Dready Mimi said:

Green stuff??? EEEWWWWWW!!
My dreads are all natty with lots of wispies. I used to fret about the wishpies until I took a closer look at the dreads of two women I greatly respect. Both of them had the wispies. ;o) These babies are nearly 3 from when I lost my comb. They are fat and thin, and lumpy and curvy and wispy and full of character. One of them has even swallowed a beaded wire wrap that I put in at about 18 months in. I wouldn't trade them for evenly sectioned dreads now, although I thought I wanted perfectly sectioned, pencil thin, evenly rolled dreads when I started. These are mine and mine alone

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Sary Pickles
@sary-pickles
13 years ago
3 posts

Eeew that's disgusting!

I really liked what you said, it's very inspiring. I am almost a month into neglecting my hair and I love it...it's good to read stories from other people who love their hair too :)

Dready Mimi
@dready-mimi
13 years ago
16 posts
That's a visual I didn't need! ;o)

soaring eagle said:

ohh yea and the wild and imperfect uniqueness shure beatsoozing green tubes of waxy ickiness

Dready Mimi said:

Green stuff??? EEEWWWWWW!!
My dreads are all natty with lots of wispies. I used to fret about the wishpies until I took a closer look at the dreads of two women I greatly respect. Both of them had the wispies. ;o) These babies are nearly 3 from when I lost my comb. They are fat and thin, and lumpy and curvy and wispy and full of character. One of them has even swallowed a beaded wire wrap that I put in at about 18 months in. I wouldn't trade them for evenly sectioned dreads now, although I thought I wanted perfectly sectioned, pencil thin, evenly rolled dreads when I started. These are mine and mine alone
Dready Mimi
@dready-mimi
13 years ago
16 posts
Sary~I had a bunch of people try to 'shame' me into combing out my dreads. They are for me, though, so I persevered. I wore lots of hats and sccarves while they locked up. Here is a link to the hats I learned to make out of necessity ;o) http://www.facebook.com/# !/pages/Dancing-Umbrella-Wearable-Creations/135526413173683

Sary Pickles said:

Eeew that's disgusting!

I really liked what you said, it's very inspiring. I am almost a month into neglecting my hair and I love it...it's good to read stories from other people who love their hair too :)

Amy Lee2
@amy-lee2
13 years ago
87 posts

@ dready mimi i cant get your link to work dear.

Amy Lee2
@amy-lee2
13 years ago
87 posts
thanks love :)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form