Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I'm liking my progress but...

RSavage26
@rsavage26
13 years ago
50 posts
So I'm a student who finished her bachelor's in December 2010. I am currently looking for employment (hoping to be a User Interface Designer or someone working in a job dealing with Human-Computer Interaction if you know of those things). I haven't gotten hired yet, but I'm staying optimistic. The problem is my mother. She's very conservative and she's starting to pressure me to go to the salon and get my hair trimed. I don't want to do this because my hair is dreading now and I don't want to throw that away. It annoys me that she seems to forget that I am an adult simply because I am living at home and I don't have a job. However, when I try to tell her what I'm doing she gives me this lecture about "well-maintained hair". She worries that I won't be able to get a job, but the economy is shit right now and she knows that and yet she thinks it's my hair which keeps me from getting hired (or even being considered for a f'n interview). I even showed her a picture of Lauryn Hill because I heard her dreads were freeform but all she said was "Oh she's a rapper" and "You like doing things the hard way" It really pisses me off. She keeps saying this BS about fitting in society, but I've never cared too much about that.
updated by @rsavage26: 01/13/15 09:06:01PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

just tell her computers dont care what you do to your hair

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
RSavage26
@rsavage26
13 years ago
50 posts
Thing is, she knows jack all about my profession. She was a doctor and in a time where computers weren't really around at that. So she doesn't really understand what I want to do. She wants me to go into accounting (God I hope not), dentistry, law, etc. because they make money and in her head they'll always have jobs no matter what. It gets old putting up with her nagging. Once I get a good job I'm out of here. I can't stand her pissy remarks sometimes.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form