Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Can you pass the salt?

FoxPaw
@foxpaw
13 years ago
114 posts
Hello everyone! I was wondering how everyone handles their sea salt with their baking soda mix, sea salt spray, etc.Is there such a thing as TOO MUCH salt? Is there negative side effects when your ratio is off?What body of water are you swimming in?Just curious :)
updated by @foxpaw: 01/13/15 09:05:59PM
Austin Potter
@austin-potter
13 years ago
54 posts
I was curious of this same thing. i have a spraybottle and i add mediterranean sea salt to some water and add lemnon juice and tea tree oil and warm it up and spray on my heard. haha i created this myself and i have no idea if its a good mixture or a stupid thing too do hahah. i heard sea salt is good so ive tried to make my own. lol
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

i do 4 1/2 tbs. of sea salt to a 64oz. container of water which is roughly the salinity of the ocean. i pour it over dry hair. don't rinse. sometimes i'll sit in the sun to dry. seems to help add a bit of rough texture to my soft hair. i do this about once a week usually a day before i wash my hair. i've never had any problems with scalp irritation as some people have but that could be because of my mixture. i used to spray it on but the over spray would get my walls and everything else wet and salty. now i just hang my head over the bath tub and pour it on.

i don't bother adding sea salt to my wash because i've never had it do me any good but that could be because of our hard water.

Austin Potter
@austin-potter
13 years ago
54 posts

Do you pour all of the 64 ounces over your hair?

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
yes, since i have long hair i use the whole thing but a lot of it goes through my hair and down the drain and i squeeze out the excess. if you have shorter hair then you would just use less and save the rest for another time. its not going to spoil or anything. i shake mine up in a plastic beverage container with a lid.

Austin Potter said:

Do you pour all of the 64 ounces over your hair?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

yes too much can really iritate your scalp

odviosly i dot need it but when i over condirtion and get too furry i add a couple tablespoons to a gallon and its plenty to get all the loosies dreading up

but typical young dread rations stronger estimate 3% of the water volume

and domnt use it constantly u will dry the hell outta your hair and scalp

1-2 times a weeks more then enough

i jst add mine to the bs mix leave it soak 10 min and rinse

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

skip the lemon juice thats counter productive and conditioning also being acidic will stimulate oil production

Austin Potter said:

I was curious of this same thing. i have a spraybottle and i add mediterranean sea salt to some water and add lemnon juice and tea tree oil and warm it up and spray on my heard. haha i created this myself and i have no idea if its a good mixture or a stupid thing too do hahah. i heard sea salt is good so ive tried to make my own. lol

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
FoxPaw
@foxpaw
13 years ago
114 posts
i know what you mean, i have to do it outside because others did not enjoy salt on the mirror and floor ooops :Pi pretty much ratio it out by taste haha, thank you good to know, i may just skip the spray now.. how do i apply thyme tea exactly?
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form