Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Big hair clips?

Heidela
@heidela
13 years ago
27 posts

Oh man I have to find some big clips! I am down to one and it is looking pretty ratty right now all the color has worn off

on a regular day my hair is a nest so now that the dreads are starting (totally natural with a bit of twist and rip because I am hyper and it gives me something to do!) it is really looking good but I have to clip it back and up at work...

I want something nice enough that will hold a lot of hair back and look good

yes I have wrapped with headbands and that is fine and looks good ..but I really like pretty clips

I am getting worried there is no such thing big enough anymore ?

can you help me please find something to wrap around my mop of budding dreads?

thanks so much

updated by @heidela: 01/13/15 09:05:59PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,639 posts

i wouldnt use clips what ive done b4 is cut the bottom off a t shirt u know just the very bottem hemmed strip then wrap it around severakl time tikl its snug

somethig like that or i usualy tie em back with themselves

clip s got teeth wouldnt use em at all

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
ExaltHimx7
@exalthimx7
13 years ago
336 posts
When my hair was long I LOVED to use chopsticks to twist and hold it up, I have a few pairs of really pretty ones from Japan/Korea my Uncle brought my Mom during the Korean war. I think the tee shirt wrap would be perfect, too...good luck!! Nancy
ExaltHimx7
@exalthimx7
13 years ago
336 posts
OHMYGOSH, Lauren! I'm so sorry that happened. Thanks for the "heads up"

Lauren Halsall said:

i used to clip my hair with chopsticks all the time i got a beautiful pair of thick hand carved ones but a few weeks ago i was getting out of a car and i smashed my head on the low roof and the chopstick went straight into my back 3 inches deep, i had to go to hospital to get it removed and even now there is about half an inch still stuck in there that apparently will 'work it's way out' still really hurts. This is a warning! chopsticks are dangerous be careful with them in! hahaha :D

Heidela
@heidela
13 years ago
27 posts
Thanks all..
Medusa
@medusa
13 years ago
57 posts
I have found big enough clips at Wal Mart, Sally's, even Family Dollar. I get ones with fewer teeth and larger spaces between, haven't had any issues with them. Good luck!!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form