Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

natural aloe gel as an alternative to wax

baby britt
@baby-britt
13 years ago
112 posts
i read that aloe can be used in place of wax. i haven't really used it on individual dreadies before, but i have used it on my hair to take care of some frizzies. it's been at least a week since i've applied it though.wondering if anyone's ever used it like wax, maybe with a little palmrolling (although i feel like that does NOTHING to my hair).
updated by @baby-britt: 01/13/15 09:05:52PM
S Pluskiss
@s-pluskiss
13 years ago
27 posts
wow. wax? oh. um. I am going to my sister's today to get an aloe plant in hopes of conditioning my hair. I don't want wax though. I am too confused on what to do now
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

why would u want an alternawtive to something that you dont want at all?

aloe tames frizz yes but it conditions too so use very rarely onluy as neeeded

but to think of it as a wax alternatu=ive is wrong it wont prevent dreading like wax (but might slow it if over used) it wont build up like wax

its healthy for hair unlike wax

its not a wax alternative its just a conditioner that tames frizz

why ya bothering to palm roll tho?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
baby britt
@baby-britt
13 years ago
112 posts
yeah i didn't really know how else to say that but 'alternative to wax.' of course i don't want anything similar to wax in my hair at all.i'm not palmrolling. like i said, it doesn't do anything. haha.i tried a salt spray for the first time last night and i think that's exactly what i was looking for. =)
Thundersquall
@thundersquall
13 years ago
235 posts
I tried using Aloe Gel in an attempt to get a particular lock of hair to stay together. It didn't workso hotso yea i am unconvinced about it as an alternative to wax.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form