Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I was told NO conditioners for a year. What say you?

☆starslingr☆
@starslingr
13 years ago
1 posts

Halp!

I have not used any conditioners since starting my dreads (16 weeks ago).

I have naturally coarse and dry hair, and now my hair is starting to break off at the ends. I'd love to know what to do to help condition the hair without worrying about the detangling effect, especially at the ends where my hair is very thin and loose still.

Oils? Conditioning mask?

Thanks =)

updated by @starslingr: 10/08/21 08:57:44AM
nigel wallace
@nigel-wallace
13 years ago
3 posts
is it like load of loose hairs coming out the dread if it is my dreads are pretty new and all i do is grab the loose hair preferibly before washing it otherwise there not as many oils so u just get the loose hairs nere eachother and kinda roll them together with thumb and second finger until it becomes a wee ball and just crochet them into the dread..
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

bad bad bad u-=idea never crochert dreads especialty weak dry ones

if they are druy and breaking then use a lil aloe vera (only pure aloe no other ingredients) or a lil jojoba or something or just do the acv rinse

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
S Pluskiss
@s-pluskiss
13 years ago
27 posts
me too with the thick, wavy and dry hair. going today to get ann aloe plant from my sister, but before I leave I am going to try the baking soda 'wash' and apple cider vinegar rinse. I have only used Dr. Bronners 18-1 which only leaves my hair feeling like straw - dry and crunchy.
RSavage26
@rsavage26
13 years ago
50 posts
I have coarse, kinky, and curly hair. I loose a little bit every now and then but I figure they're just old hairs so I don't worry. If you haven't tried this, try oiling your hair with olive oil. You don't have to get anything fancy like virgin or extra virgin; just plain old-fashioned olive oil will do. That prevents breakage pretty easily. If you use any conditioner, try a little bit of white or ACV vinegar (9 parts water to 1 part vinegar is what I use) in your hair rinse. That will keep your hair from becoming too brittle but it won't loosen your dreads. Good luck!
nigel wallace
@nigel-wallace
13 years ago
3 posts
whats an acv rince?
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
13 years ago
393 posts

ACV is Apple Cider Vinegar

The ACV rinse is similar to the baking soda rinse. However the ACV rinse is somewhat conditioning.

nigel wallace said:

whats an acv rince?
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form