Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Residue from Bronners and BS

Jayrock
@jayrock
13 years ago
15 posts

I was washing with baking soda and noticed i had scalp irritation. I didnt know the cause then i looked under my finger nail and noticed i had a ton of baking soda in my nail meaning it was in my scalp.I went home and scrubbed with my nails to get it out and it wasnt really coming out. So i just rinsed every night for the next couple of nights. I figured it was due to using too much. So i used just a couple of teaspoons in a gallon pitcher and still had a problem with it staying in my hair and not washing out.

So i tried bronners peppermint SOAP. I at first rubbed the soap on my head instead of rubbing it in my hands and just putting it in my hair. This lefta ton of residue soap in my head that wouldnt come out. I went swimming, and it still wouldnt come out lol. So a few days later of rinsing every night there wasnt much left. So i washed tonight by rubbing the bar in my hand and applying to my hair that way but what do you know, i got soap residue in my hair.

Im african american beenneglecting since june 2ndand i have THICK HAIR. I dont know if this is the cause.Has anyone had this problem or a solution?

Tank u berry much if u read

updated by @jayrock: 02/14/15 06:23:44AM
Jayrock
@jayrock
13 years ago
15 posts
Note: My head is itching right now and everytime i scratch it, i scratch out a little soap. Its amazing how much is on my scalp.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

the problems your water

try something like nutragena daily clarifying or siuave clarifying

hard water sucks

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jayrock
@jayrock
13 years ago
15 posts
Ok i was thinking it was that b/c from what ive read bs and bronners rinse out pretty good
Jdwood
@jdwood
13 years ago
275 posts
I have the same problem and I have very fine strawberry blond hair...its the hard water not the hair type. Try washing your hair with filtered rain water( if you live in the city if not you do not need to filter it for washing) or like SE said use a different shampoo.
Jayrock
@jayrock
13 years ago
15 posts
That sucks, i was really wanting to keep away from commercial shampoos.Ive got a castile soap recipe i was going to give a go too. But i got some suave daily clarifying somewhere laying around.
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

two words: hard water. if you want to use bs then you'll have to mix it up using distilled or purified water. you can still rinse with your regular water. the minerals and such make it impossible for bs to completely desolve. i've even tried boiling it on my stove and it just creates a cloudy water. if i boil bs with purified water it comes out completely clear in seconds.

dr. bronners is a castile soap. castile soaps and hard water are not friends. i have a stain on my drive way to prove it. it will leave you with a terrible residue thats hard to get rid off. definitely try some organic/natural shampoos.

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
if you have a trader joes in your city they have a shampoo called tea tree tingle. its made of mostlyessentialoils in a glycerin base i believe and its really inexpensive. a lot of people on the forums like it. my personal favorite is desert essence lemon tea tree shampoo.
Jayrock
@jayrock
13 years ago
15 posts

Thanks Heather. I dont have a trader joes around here but i can browse a couple of stores around here for some type of different shampoo

Jayrock
@jayrock
13 years ago
15 posts

Well its been really irritating my scalp. I figured if i rinsed it each night then it would eventually disolve but i was wrong. I tried scratching and rubbing it out last night but to no avail there is still a bunch of it in my head. I was thinking maybe picking up some lemon juice or some acv to try rinsing it out. Is this a good idea? Or is there something else i should do?

Thanks

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form