Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreads length, how long do your dreads take to grow?

Mark Fry
@mark-fry
13 years ago
39 posts
Hello Everyone!So how long does it take for your hair to grow? and how much growth do you get?I'm in no rush for my dreads to grow, but I'm looking for some insight on what others have experienced. I'm coming up to my 1yr dread anniversary next month and my hair has only grown approx an inch since then. However, it has gotten much thicker and way better since the early days.I get it though, this whole year the dreads have just been getting super tight so now they are at that stage hopefully the length will start coming a bit quicker.I'm pretty excited to get some length in them, I'd like to be able to tie back all my hair to get it out of my face.Anyways, does your hair grow quickly? Do you do anything that helps your hair grow?ThanksFrysy
updated by @mark-fry: 01/13/15 09:05:24PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

mine grows bout 8 inches a year maybe after the 1st year it grows quickly

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
se is incredibly lucky. average hair growth is 1/2" a month or 6 inches a year.
Trina Sandress
@trina-sandress
13 years ago
87 posts
I don't think about how fast my locks grow. I did notice that when I stopped thinking about locks a lot they began to reach my shoulders and my back. The more fresh fruits and veggies you put into your body the healthier and stronger you hair gets because of all of the dense vitamins and minerals within them.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
yea 4 sure a good vegatarian diets gonna help em grow long n strong

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
i eat a good healthy vegetarian diet and unfortunately as i'm getting older my hair is slowing in growth. it has always been strong, shiny, and healthy though.

soaring eagle said:
yea 4 sure a good vegatarian diets gonna help em grow long n strong
Trina Sandress
@trina-sandress
13 years ago
87 posts
The increasing in the amount of raw fruits and veggies makes a difference. A lot people don't realize that when you cook a lot of your food you are losing all the nutrients in the cooking process. Ever since I started my locks I have increased the amount of raw fruits and veggies that I eat and that seems to make the difference. Keeping yourself hydrated is a good thing. A lot of the heavier cooked foods we eat even if vegetarian can dehydrate us. But when you are eating a higher percentage of raw fruits and veggies that contain a higher vitamin and mineral content and higher water content it really makes a difference in your locks,your scalp and your skin as well.
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
i personally don't like cooked veggies. i even eat corn on the cob raw. i think its a hereditary thing for me. my mom has long hair to her butt but it took her 10 years to get it that long.
taye
@taye
13 years ago
833 posts

my dreads didn't really get any length until almost 2 years. I started taking Biotin supplements in Dec or Jan. I think it has made a difference.

Mark Fry
@mark-fry
13 years ago
39 posts
Thanks very much everyone! That's very interesting to know that your hair grows around 6 inches a year. Mine certainly didn't do that but I'll keep an eye on it now and see how much growth I'm getting. My dreads really couldn't get too much tighter and thicker so I should be on the gravy train to long dreads now!As for raw fruits and veggies..... I am a vegetarian so I'm sure that's helping, but I certainly don't eat enough fruits. I will up my fruit content now as well.Biotin.... I like the idea of taking some sort of hair growth stuff. I think I'll talk to my local health food store people and see what they recommend as well.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form