Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Tousle or Not to Tousle

ElaurenG
@elaureng
13 years ago
19 posts

I have naturally wavy hair, and have used product along with tousling my hair to achieve a "beachy" look for years pre-dreading. It's a habit now, especially when my hair is wet to basicallyscrunch it up with my fingers periodically until it is air dry.It also makes my hair lookbetter during this initial stage, kinda gives it morebody if that makes sense.On one hand I think that this could encourage tangling/knots. On the other I wonder if I'm undoing tangles/knots with all the touching. So my question is to tousle or not to tousle, what are your thoughts?

updated by @elaureng: 01/13/15 09:05:22PM
Cora Walborn
@cora-walborn
13 years ago
20 posts
I tried some tousling and rubbing hair around my head (instead of just massaging scalp) while washing my hair the other day. The next morning I woke up to lots of beautiful new knots. Coincidence, maybe? But I think it did help. I think you should give it a try! Happy (late) 1 month to your babies!
taye
@taye
13 years ago
833 posts
Be very careful with the touching of your hair. It can undo knots. If you are gonna scrunch it...be very gentle with it .I don't think it would set you back any as long as you are not running your fingers thru it.
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
yeah, i'm with taye on this one. i used to do the same kind of tousling before dreads just to pump up the volume so to speak because of the fine, thin texture of my hair. just be careful not to pull on the hair at all. what i do now is just flip my hair so its hanging down and then kind of shake it. it helps to separate things a bit after a wash but its not too agrressive that it will undo any knots.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form