Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Washing dread tams

Gabe McCoy
@gabe-mccoy
13 years ago
120 posts
Hey anyone got any info on washing tams? The one I have is pretty loosely crocheted so I'll probably have to wash it by hand.
updated by @gabe-mccoy: 01/13/15 09:05:17PM
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
if its wool than you will definitely need to hand wash using cold water only and very gently. lay it flat to dry. never dry wool anything in a dryer unless you want it to fit a toddler afterwards. if its acrylic than you can machine wash and dry. acrylic is pretty durable.
Gabe McCoy
@gabe-mccoy
13 years ago
120 posts
Cool thanks :) should I log it with water or should it only be dampened? And should I only use water or is there some kind of mild cleaner I should use?
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
assuming your hat is wool than just fill a sink with cold water and add a tiny bit of soap (laundry soap, baby shampoo or even dr. bronners). swish around and squeeze gently then rinse well with clean cold water. gently squeeze out excess water. lay the hat on a towel and roll it up and press down on it to help the towel absorb the water in the hat. remove it from the towel and lay the hat somewhere to dry. hth:)
Gabe McCoy
@gabe-mccoy
13 years ago
120 posts
Yea thanks alot! I don't know if it's wool, it could be, but I'm pretty sure I have to be just as careful with it
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form