Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

sleeping in a tam / frizzies / big hair

baby britt
@baby-britt
13 years ago
112 posts
so i'm about 6 weeks in going natural. things are going really well, lots of knots popping up overnight it seems. the one thing i'm not digging is how HUGE and FRIZZY my hair is getting. i have suuuuuper thick white girl hair, and it's puffed out past my shoulders now. i don't really have a problem with it, but i get weird looks at work, like people think i'm "special" or something lol. it will look great one day, and then i'll go to sleep (without my tam) and i'll wake up with my hair sticking straight out almost. just wondering, is this normal??? and how much is sleeping in a tam going to help with the huge frizzies? haha i feel silly for asking but jeez louise my hair is wild!
updated by @baby-britt: 02/14/15 03:35:22AM
baby britt
@baby-britt
13 years ago
112 posts

it still looks frizzy after i sleep with it on but it's a lot less poofy in general. i only wash my hair once a week, but i think that's too much. my natural oils are hardly building up at all, and i think that's what's making it so frizzy.

yes, i think going natural is definitely a good decision. you're right about people getting used to it. also it's teaching me patience. although right now i really wish it would hurry uppppp haha. =/

Lunatic
@lunatic
13 years ago
24 posts
Going natural is like having Christmas morning every morning (:
baby britt
@baby-britt
13 years ago
112 posts
true, there are new babies every morning haha.do you guys think it would be a bad idea do use a light salt spray before putting on the tam & going to bed??
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
poor girl with all that thick, beautiful hair:) i wish i had your problem. lol:) i wouldn't put your tam on wet hair but if you want to sea spray it, let it dry and then put the tam on you should be fine. i would hate to see mold growing in that beautiful hair:)
baby britt
@baby-britt
13 years ago
112 posts
i'm tellin you heather, it's not fun. but you know, i've always felt like everyone (especially women) has a love-hate relationship with their hair. i know i always have.you're so sweet mama. hope you & your doggies are doin good =)

Heather said:
poor girl with all that thick, beautiful hair:) i wish i had your problem. lol:) i wouldn't put your tam on wet hair but if you want to sea spray it, let it dry and then put the tam on you should be fine. i would hate to see mold growing in that beautiful hair:)
Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts
If I want my hair less crazy and poofy I definately sleep in a tam the night before, it helps my hair type out tremendously...I also have the big crazy thick coarse hair and I always hated it lol
Janice
@janice
13 years ago
49 posts

LOL@ "super thick white girl" hair, because I am a super thick white girl and I have hair!! hahaha Mine looks crazy too. Got me a big ol' dread that loves to stick out just above my ear. No kidding, from the root it sticks straight outta the side of my head a couple of inches! Looks groovy.

baby britt
@baby-britt
13 years ago
112 posts

hahaha, nice! i love those crazy ones with all that personality. i'm 7 months and some change into my journey now and it's calmed down QUITE a bit. but i definitely have those crazy ones that just do whatever they wanna do.

Janice said:

LOL@ "super thick white girl" hair, because I am a super thick white girl and I have hair!! hahaha Mine looks crazy too. Got me a big ol' dread that loves to stick out just above my ear. No kidding, from the root it sticks straight outta the side of my head a couple of inches! Looks groovy.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
13 years ago
2,702 posts

Baby, wash it more than once a week. At your stage you should still be washing it ever 2-3 days. That'll help keep all the oilyness at bay. Washing is great for locks. Just make sure you let it dry completely in between washes. Depends on the shampoo you use too.

But it's natural. Yeah, one day it'll be great and knotted up, but even then you might have some of those locks that just like to sick up and out until they weigh enough to be pulled down

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form