Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

DONT TOUCH MY HAIR!!

Mastahchef
@mastahchef
13 years ago
4 posts

I have the hugest issue of people reaching out to touch my hair as they "ask " to.

" OMG, can i touch your hair" with hands already extended. WEll geez, your already touching it.

heres a example

I was walking one day around my beautiful campus and a individual walked upand just grabbed it. Then proceeded to ask, " Can i touch your hair" as she is painfully twisting my dreads. I say "No", and now im the one being rude, and she has a attitude. "nobody wanted to touch your hair anyway".

*SIGH* Yes you did, thats why you're doing it. Dont get mad because you got denied. I dont walk up and just your booty, so dont walk up and just grab my hair. I mean when has it became cool just to walk up and grab on peoples body... I mean isnt that a form of sexual harrassment...

and usually i would be for that lol. .. but just not for my hair.. yucky

it is very annoying or people to think they can just touch. I dont walk up grab a buttand say "i like the texture". Nope pretty shure i wouldnt without getting punched in the face or kicked in the nuts, so what makes hair any different?

dont touch my hair, face or phone .

JUST VENTING

updated by @mastahchef: 01/13/15 09:05:05PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,639 posts

let em touch your hair and maybe they'll let you touch theyre butt

just sayin

haha

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
FoxPaw
@foxpaw
13 years ago
114 posts
Me: Hey hey grandma long time no see!Grandmother: oh my goodness your hair looks like cat shitHahaBut ya I can relate man I've had people come up and yank on a lock, hurts & is annoying.If you ask, you may. ..depending on hand hygene
jameela bailey
@jameela-bailey
13 years ago
30 posts
yea same here, people need to ask first thats like eating somebody's food then asking if they want it. I've gone through this alot...and its awkward for me because i'm just like wide eyed and looking around like "STOOOOOOOOPPPPPP SO I CAN GOOOOOOOOOO" but there are other situations where people compliment my hair and then ask before touching, and i'm pleased whenn they do that first :]
Trina Sandress
@trina-sandress
13 years ago
87 posts
Yes that is extremely annoying!!! And I let them know that it is annoying! I am not an animal in a zoo! It is very rude. I could see if they want dreads themselves then they will know first hand how they feel.
Trina Sandress
@trina-sandress
13 years ago
87 posts

You can carry a lot of energy in your hands and I don't know where their hands have been.

Mastahchef
@mastahchef
13 years ago
4 posts
@trina yes, thats exactly why i only allow a few people to wash and do my hair.
Raych'll
@raychll
13 years ago
22 posts

People have always come up and touched my hair anyway since it's super curly & I guess thats uncommon round here. I was kinda hoping since I let them lock people will be less inclined to touch my hair for fear of it stinking or bein dirty. Trying to use those negative images to my advantage- I'll let ya know how that turns out

Monte Jackson
@monte-jackson
13 years ago
34 posts
"I dont walk up grab a buttand say "i like the texture" " hahahaha man that was priceless!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form