Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

short funky dreads

BONES2
@bones2
13 years ago
45 posts
Is anyone else hear a fan of short funky dreads ??? Don't get me wrong I love long dreads but I've had long hair over half my life so I'm aiming to have short funky dreads 4 - 6 inches. I'm thinking its gonna be almost impossible to achieve this going neglect. I'm 5 months neglect now and have lots of dreads forming in my 5 inch straight hair but I can't see how I'm gonna achieve what I want without crochet because my hair isn't gonna really look like dreads until it gets longer. If I was wanting long dreads I would just continue neglect without a 2nd thought. My progress is great but not that great that it'll produce short dreads. Any thoughts
updated by @bones2: 01/13/15 09:05:02PM
Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts
You could always keep going neglect and just trim them as they get longer? Not sure how that would work tho until they're a bit more mature? Hmmm
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

do u listen to ypurself?

i hwave 4-5 inch hair

i have bunch of dreads happening

i want 4-5 inch dreads

but i dont know how that will happen without crochet

well guess what you dont need to know HOW its happening all u need to know is it IS happening

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
BONES2
@bones2
13 years ago
45 posts

I

know exactly what I'm sayin S.E !!! I said a have dreads FORMING and thats not even over all of my head so I'm pretty positive I'm not really gonna have what I consider dreads until my hair is much much longer and I don't care how its happening.

I do only consider natural/neglect dreads the only way to achieve "true dreads" but I don't want dreads out of religious or spiritual reasons, I just love the look of them, always have. I appreciate what they mean to many people and what they represent but thats not really why I want them. Not for now anyway so so long as I like what I see on my head and I'm comfortable with the way I get them thats all I'm really bothered about.

Shanxon thanks for saying something helpfull ;) Yeah thats something I'm defo considering. I would have to wait for them to mature like you said then shorten them. Prob wouldn't be able to bring myself to cut them though haha. From what I see crochet dreads can be spikey and I'm not sure how they would feel on my head.Comfort plays a big role also.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
i wiuld not crochet and yea u got dreads forming give em time and they will be fine they will shrink b4 they grow so u got nothin to worry biut they wont be long enough to consider trimming for a year or 2

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form