Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Crochet Dreads to Natural Dread

bertongkandule
@bertongkandule
13 years ago
8 posts

Hi All, Greetings! in the name of Jah! :)I'm bert from the philippines and i have crochet made dreads.it's been 3yrs when I started this.

Yesterday, I started to switch from crochet dreads to natural dreads.

Soaring eagle helped me how to untangle my hair.

I'm using conditioner right now.

I've already done with half of my 2 dreads (40 dreads i have) and it looks like 50% of the hair is damaged/break, and causes to fall :(

Is there any idea how can I minimize the breaking and breaking of my hair? :(

Many thanks in advance! :)

updated by @bertongkandule: 01/13/15 09:04:57PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

just be gentle

but for a guess at statistical data how often had you crochetted them over the 3 year period to break off 1/2 the hair

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
bertongkandule
@bertongkandule
13 years ago
8 posts
I used to have maintenance every month or every other month. NOW! I'm SUFFERING the CONSEQUENCES :(
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

so 25-30 crochet sessions broke off 1/2 your hair?

kinda about wha id guess

its good to get data so you can tell people just how bad it really is

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dave2
@dave2
13 years ago
71 posts

would be good if you could get a picture of an individual dread before it is un-done then show how much is left and how much fell out.

best of luck.

soaring eagle said:

its good to get data so you can tell people just how bad it really is

bertongkandule
@bertongkandule
13 years ago
8 posts

Thanks to all of your support, i'll upload some of photos if got some time :)

as of today same issue, more falling/break hair :(

BONES2
@bones2
13 years ago
45 posts

Have you considered just stopping any maintanance and letting them dread naturally?? Seems a shame breaking more of yr hair by undoing them. I'm sure I made this comment yesterday but it seems to have disappeared !?!? Why would somebody do that??????

Dave isn't that hat yr doing?? letting yr crochet dreads grow out naturally.

BONES2
@bones2
13 years ago
45 posts
I put a few crochet dreads in my hair (6) 3 months ago and decided to take them out today. I've only taken 2 out so far and was really suprised as there was hardly any broken hairs !!! No more fell out than I would expect when brushing yr hair for the 1st time in 3 months. Obviously you've had them alot longer so you'd expect more broken. I done them myself and was very carefull not to yank and rip with the hook and obviously when you do them yrself you are sensitive to how hard yr doing them. They were really tight though and took ages to undo. Maybe if done carefuuly by yrself it doesn't have to be extreme damage. I certainly expected far more hairs fallin out but was pleasantly suprised
bertongkandule
@bertongkandule
13 years ago
8 posts

As of now, I'm not repairing my dreaddy :) they are combining with the other dreads.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form