Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Girlies with short dreads! I need some styling tips.

Tessa Smith
@tessa-smith
13 years ago
59 posts

My dreads aren't even touching my shoulders and I just can't figure out what to do with them. I used to wear synthetic dreadlocks but I'm sick of them. So what do you all do for styling? I don't really like the look of them down on me so what are some cute up dos that you guys do?

Thanks for any advice! :)

updated by @tessa-smith: 02/14/15 10:02:52AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,639 posts

im not girly and i got long not short dreads but i like that adorable pixie look of the 2 lil pixie tails

or u can start at weither side in the front and pull em up and around and tuck under 1 after another towards the back and forms kinda a wreath like well its hard to explain

id say just grab a mirror and start playing arap tuck tie ..try..try diferent things see what u like

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tessa Smith
@tessa-smith
13 years ago
59 posts
okay, I guess I'll just have to do that. Also I've been looking around on here trying to figure out an estimate on when my hair will stop shrinking, what's the usual time it takes for that? Mine are almost 6 months right now and it probably just started shrinking within the past 2 months and I've probably lost a good 5 inches so far.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,639 posts
typicaly between 8 and 13 months it stops shrinking

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tessa Smith
@tessa-smith
13 years ago
59 posts
Okay I'm keeping my fingers crossed for 8 months xD Thanks for your help!
shannan
@shannan
13 years ago
38 posts
During the day I just put mine in 2 little buns in the back. my hair was past my shoulder but have shrunk to above my shoulder. it makes my hair look tidy for when I work and such
Cathy
@cathy
13 years ago
33 posts

When I first got mine I pretty much lived in fabric "dread" bands. Seriously, I have a plastic bag full of them of every colour/pattern etc! When they got long enough to put up in 2 pig tails I was mega excited. Now I just keep a massive hair bobble on my wrist and it changes at least 5 times a day depending on what I'm doing!

Enjoy the progression from "too short" to the fun length, I love them even more when I find something new to do with them :)

Tessa Smith
@tessa-smith
13 years ago
59 posts
Thanks :) also when you say fabric dread bands, do you mean synthetics dreads? I have a ton of those but they don't match my new hair color so they look super fake when in :(

Cathy said:

When I first got mine I pretty much lived in fabric "dread" bands. Seriously, I have a plastic bag full of them of every colour/pattern etc! When they got long enough to put up in 2 pig tails I was mega excited. Now I just keep a massive hair bobble on my wrist and it changes at least 5 times a day depending on what I'm doing!

Enjoy the progression from "too short" to the fun length, I love them even more when I find something new to do with them :)

Tessa Smith
@tessa-smith
13 years ago
59 posts
thats a good idea! i might try doing that today when i go to work, thank you :)

shannan said:
During the day I just put mine in 2 little buns in the back. my hair was past my shoulder but have shrunk to above my shoulder. it makes my hair look tidy for when I work and such
Cathy
@cathy
13 years ago
33 posts
No not synthetic dreads, fabric hair wraps/bands. Hard to describe, wide fabirc at the top and elasticated underneath. I'll try and find a picture and add it to my profile!
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form