Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

weleda rosemary shampoo, hindering process?

Jen Chorcoan
@jen-chorcoan
13 years ago
1 posts

hey guys! :)

soo, to give you some info to start off: ive been dreading for about 9 months now, almost 10. the back of my head and part of the left side of my head are really well dreaded id say, given the short amount of time. have started them with some very light backcombing, worked great but about 2 months later the first backcombed sections on the right side an the entire front started to unravel. didnt really care and thought theyd just sort themselves out if i left them alone... very slow progress on that followed. so, you gotta know, up until that point ive been using the bs/acv wash. left some grimy stuff on my scalp though, thanks to our hard water, and it started to look real disgusting.. so i tried using some random cheap body wash. has undone progress in the front and right side extremely, so i switched to murnauers dead-sea salt shampoo. smelled kind of funky and left my hair really greasy. so changed it up again and now finally im using weleda rosemary shampoo.

i like it a lot, but after 10 months the front and right side of my head are completely (well, more or less) undreaded. :/ dont know whats going on, since the rest of my head is doing pretty well. anyone got a clue on that?

oh yeah, and i dilute the weleda stuff (like a normal sized blob of shampoo) in about 300ml or so, give it a good round with the spoon till it foams and then just pour it over my head and rub it in. since its actually really hard to get it to foam, thats the only way ive found to really get it everywhere on my head.

still... havent read anything on the forum about the weleda shampoo nor was there much stuff on the interwebs bout it and the use for dreads. id just really like to know if it could hinder any further progress, especially for the not even remotely locked sections in the front and side.

ingredients are as follows: Water (Aqua), Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Extract, Lauryl Glucoside, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum)*, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Lecithin, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Glyceryl Laurate, Ascorbic Acid, Limonene*, Linalool*, Citral*. *from natural essential oils

would really appreciate your help!

updated by @jen-chorcoan: 01/13/15 09:04:27PM
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
the ingredients don't look too bad but what might be causing your problems is the fact thatDisodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate is a very mild cleansing agent. it probably isn't helping get all theessentialoils in the shampoo out so thats why your hair has more slip to it. you might want to try something else.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form