Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Mother Earth Herbal Soap, Safe to Use?

Frankie Duck
@frankie-duck
13 years ago
10 posts

I found a lavendar blossom herbal soap in my local organic shop and wanted to check if it would be alright to use to wash my dreads. Below is a list of the ingredients;

Sodium palmate

Sodium palmkernalate

Aqua

Sodium Chloride

Glycerin

Lavendar officinalis

Rosemarinus officinalis

Titanium dioxide

Reckon it's safe to use on my dreads?

updated by @frankie-duck: 01/13/15 09:04:26PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

organic? haha it might have 1 organic ingredient..maybe

umm u can try it i dunno tho..

im not sure i would

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

well, the first two ingredients are palm oils. sodium chloride is regular table salt. glycerin is a humectant but can also be a bit drying. the next two ingredients areessentialoils and the titanium dioxide is a sunscreen but is often used in bars of soap for stability.

i would say if you have hard water then i wouldn't even bother trying it. glycerin and palm oil are a pain to rinse out completely when you have excess minerals and such in your water. an acv rinse after washing might help though. but if you have soft water then go for it:)

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
the organic part is most likely the essential oils. the palm oils, salt and td arenecessaryto create the bar of soap.
Frankie Duck
@frankie-duck
13 years ago
10 posts
thank you for the replies, i think followed by an ACV rinse the results could be alright. Not sure if the water is soft or hard? dont know how i could find out either, but should give it a try and post a response, thanksw again.
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

i found this map online. maybe this will help.

http://www.water2care.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/Hard-Water-Map.gif

Frankie Duck
@frankie-duck
13 years ago
10 posts
ahh thank you very much, seems I must have hard water than, probably still try it out with ACV rinse :)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form