Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Are all Knotty Boy and DreadHead products bad for dreads?

Jonathan Gonzalez
@jonathan-gonzalez
13 years ago
16 posts

I know that wax impacts dreads in a negative fashion but what about all the other products they offer.

Ifyou'vehad experience with any products(besides wax) please tell me your story.

updated by @jonathan-gonzalez: 02/14/15 05:37:42AM
Jonathan Gonzalez
@jonathan-gonzalez
13 years ago
16 posts

But do their shampoos work because the baking soda make my head burn

i don't mind paying either

lysergic.nightshade
@lysergicnightshade
13 years ago
41 posts

How strong did you make the baking soda mix? I personally use 1/3 of a cup to 1/2 gallon of water.

And I've never used any dreadheadhq or knottyboy shampoos, but I've heard both good and bad things; ranging from 'it burns my scalp' to 'best shampoo ever'. There seem to be more negative reviews than anything though.

Ferret
@ferret
13 years ago
10 posts

Most of their products work if used properly. They are a little pricy; however, they are manufactured in the USA(HQ is at least) so they are going to be more expensive. Like most things if you make your own it will be cheaper it all depends on if you want to bother making your own. I honestly really like HQ's no residue shampoo, I found that it keep my hair from getting greasy/oily longer than regular solon shampoo.

The only product I highly don't recommend is the Lock Docta tool. That will just damage your hair.

taye
@taye
13 years ago
833 posts
I ended up with a bottle of dreadhead hq shampoo. I used it til it was gone. It cleaned my hair, but I prefer other shampoo. I use Kiss my Face shampoo, it can be purchased at walmart. I use Maylee's bars, Maylee's is my favorite. It smell yummy!! Those can be ordered from Artfire or on our website.
Denney Coning
@denney-coning
13 years ago
16 posts

I used the DHHQ shampoo for the first 6 months or so and still keep a bottle on hand just in case. After the first year I started using BS/ACV rinses.

princenoobsauce
@princenoobsauce
13 years ago
56 posts
they will never go away if people keep buying their products
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

yea because they refuse to stop selling harmful dcrap u should boycott them and not buty as thing from them ever not a bead not a rubber band nothing

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

no they just lie to you telling you you need the crap

they rip you off

they harm dreads by lying and scamming

they tell yu toi have dreads no matter what method u need wax even for neglect

then tell you neglect dreads take 4 years

ofcourse they take 4 years when u use wax cause wax prevents dreading

but they deliberatly lie jusat to rip off clueless newbies

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

umm read the sites thats exactly what the sites say

it is lying just cause 1 stylist didnt believe in the crap the company she works for sells doesnt mean the company itself is any goid

the sites say to use it on every dread evey time no matter the method

they claim that wax is what makes dreads work implying you cant dread without wax

the vids tell you to use an insane abmmount too

--
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form