dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

my fat ass sections

Prue Dence
@prue-dence
13 years ago
11 posts

hi all,

i have just been sifting through my dreads and i've been avoiding the big concern that's on my mind for a long time and it's just resurfaced it's ugly head! i have about 35 dreads and i should really have a lot more than that considering how thick my hair is. my dreads are all different sizes but the biggest section that i have is about 4 -5 cm by 4-5 cm. I had them done by some people i know and they did the twist and rip method and crocheted them (i already know not to do this so please don't lecture about it!). i think some of the sections are so big because they just wanted to get the job over and done with.

my question is if this is okay. i am stressing over it a little bit but i realise it's way too far gone now for me to do much about it than just see what happens but thought i'd just ask some advice, maybe if there's people out there that have the same situation?

peace and blessings,

emily

updated by @prue-dence: 01/13/15 09:04:15PM
Rainbow Fortune
@rainbow-fortune
13 years ago
123 posts
You should probably undo the big ones. When mature, the dread will be as wide as it is in the roots, meaning the one with the section size 4 - 5 cm will be just as wide.
Prue Dence
@prue-dence
13 years ago
11 posts
I cant see any possible way to undo the big ones! Tgey are four months old an have been crOcheted a few times so theryre quite hard and maturing really fast. Guess ill just have tO have fat ass dreads!

Rainbow Fortune said:
You should probably undo the big ones. When mature, the dread will be as wide as it is in the roots, meaning the one with the section size 4 - 5 cm will be just as wide.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
35 is average for medium thick its not too huge at all you'll be fine

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Prue Dence
@prue-dence
13 years ago
11 posts
thanks SE, always put my mind at ease haha peace