Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

What is the average amount of dreadlocks for thin hair?

Tessa Smith
@tessa-smith
13 years ago
59 posts

My hair is very thin and I think I have about 70 small ones but I'm just not sure how much I like them. I kind of wish I had less and have bigger ones but I'm not sure if it would look goofy or not O.o

So I'm just curious how many other people have!

updated by @tessa-smith: 01/13/15 09:04:15PM
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
i have thin hair but i have no idea how many i have so far. mine are sectioning into pretty small section. i'm not to keen on them being so small either. i have a few bigger ones that are developing much better. i just figure i'll let some congo later. i don't want too few though because i'm afraid i'll have too much scalp showing.
Tessa Smith
@tessa-smith
13 years ago
59 posts
Yeah I'm worried about showing too much scalp too. Some of the ones in the back are looking pretty nice but all the ones in the front that I made out of my bangs are super small. I'm thinking about maybe grabbing like two of them and doing a hair wrap around the two and hopefully form it into one. If it works I might do it to a few more. I just wish I had thick hair lol:(
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
me, too! just remember the hair will shrink and thicken up as it knots so they will get fatter. i'm only 8 months into my natural journey and far from that happening any time soon.
Jack Roth
@jack-roth
13 years ago
298 posts
I got thick hair and i have like 70 now
ashley ✿
@ashley
13 years ago
167 posts
i have thin hair..and hold on let me count them for the first time in a year..so i have thirty eight dreads, im not phased by it really..my hair is my hair, i have allot of congos. When i began i had fifty. I mean, i would like to have more, but yknow, these dreads are the dreads im sposed to have, this is my hair, so why worry?
0n3L0v33 <3
@0n3l0v33-3
13 years ago
4 posts
I have thin hair and was very worried of having to much scalp showing but i have 36 dreads and my bangs are not dreaded and my scalp isnt showing like i thought it would i love it :)
Tessa Smith
@tessa-smith
13 years ago
59 posts

Thanks for all of the replies guys! Hmmm maybe I'll let a few congo and see what happens.

:)

pelun
@pelun
13 years ago
18 posts
ive got about 30-40 ish and ive actually put some dreads together to make one since they were kinda small at first but now it looks nice :D
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form