Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Here looking for info & advise for a preschooler - considering dreads

Mommabeck
@mommabeck
13 years ago
1 posts

Hello all - I am a mom to a 4 yr old boy with very long hair. As long as he could talk he has had strong opinions on what he wants to wear & how he likes his hair. So I am here looking into dreading his hair. He likes it long, but like most kids he doesn't enjoy maintenance to keep it looking nice. He doesn't like it brushed (like most kids with long hair), he doesn't like pony tails, head bands or anything that would help control it. Soooooo that is what brings me here. I am troubleshooting our long hair options. :) I am not sure dreading is right for us - but I never rule anything out before understanding & researching it.

His hair is pretty straight, but it has a lot of texture to it. It is similar to mine when i was his age, but as I got older, it got curly & now is very very curly - that pattern seems to run in my family. baby curls that turn into waves until near puberty where it starts to get curlier & curlier. So I know his hair should dread fairly easily since he wakes with several dreadlike masses on the back of his head nearly every morning. :P My only concern is if dreads would pull at his scalp & cause him more frustration than his current hairstyle. So I welcome any & all feedback & am sure I will have more questions as I get a better understanding. Hopefully I will be able to read enough to find the answers myself as well. I don't want to frustrate you all with asking questions you have already answered numerous times.

updated by @mommabeck: 01/13/15 09:04:13PM
Lexz Luv
@lexz-luv
13 years ago
74 posts

I would suggest the twist and rip method for a young kid because it jump starts the process and he wont have to be so patient as with neglect. Here is my TnR time line if u wanna check it out

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/sexz-lexzs-tnr-timeline-yayyy
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form