dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

thinner dreads

Nynne Nova
@nynne-nova
13 years ago
13 posts

Hello.

I'vehaddreadlocksforabout.5 monthsnow.ButIregretthatIhavemadethemsothick.Ihaveextensionsinmydreads, sothoughtofcuttingthem offandmakesomethindreadsinstead.Are there some whohavedoneitbefore?

They're prettythinatthe scalpalready,soidont thinki have to take them out completely.

Hoping forsomehelporsome goodadvice.:)

Nynne
updated by @nynne-nova: 02/14/15 06:13:13AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
if theyre thin at the scalp just take off the extentions

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
o and throw away the crochet hook thats extremely bad for dreads

--
Nynne Nova
@nynne-nova
13 years ago
13 posts

Hmm. I made all my dreads with a crochet hook? but im not really using it now. :)

Do you mean i should make some thinner extensions or? Ihave the extentions because i want to have long dreads. My "real" hair is only 4 inches, so..

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

they will get longer ..crochets just bad for them if u did it once its not gonna kill them its not a good way to start and absolutely horrible to use to maintain but as long as you stopped using it they recover

i would just leave the extentions off however measurew the area where the hair comes out of the scalp not the dread thickness itself because crochet makes thick dreads thin, they may get 3 times thicker as they recover from crochet can you take a close picture of the scalp and roots?

--
Nynne Nova
@nynne-nova
13 years ago
13 posts

thank you for the help. yes I can try. :)

Nynne Nova
@nynne-nova
13 years ago
13 posts

I have just colored them. they are very red now, not quite as I wanted dem. I tried to bleach them first, but itdid'ent work out like it should. :s

Nynne Nova
@nynne-nova
13 years ago
13 posts
what do you do instead of the crochet hook?
lunn
@lunn
13 years ago
22 posts
i think your red hair looks cool goes with your dead pale skin,suits you
Brandy :]
@brandy
13 years ago
106 posts
i agree with lunn! :) but are you asking what else there is besides crochet hook to start your dreads? or what else is there to maintain your dreads? because if its the first one, there are many methods. Natural/Neglect and TnR are the best, because they are much less damaging and hold a dread better, Crochet and backcomb are VERY harmful. you should read the whole dreaducation page. And if the second question is the one your asking, they maintain themselves! every loose hair you have or loops/bumps and anythingthat comes un-done will over time dread itself into a new dread or combine with an existing dread. throw away that crochet hook! unless your going to make a tam :)
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form