Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

my twist are holding up at all :(

Marlon Moorer
@marlon-moorer
13 years ago
24 posts
i have had my hair twisted for 4 week but for the life of me i cant go 9 days without it lookin nappy. i wanted to try and retwist my own hair but its just too messy atm.i want to keep my hair neat once the dreads form but i cant keep paying $35 every week to keep them upMy last retwist was Jun 02 and it looks like this now : http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/811/p1070199.jpg/ any advice on how i can maintain a neat look without shelling out money every week?
updated by @marlon-moorer: 01/13/15 09:03:43PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

1 you never want to retwist them ever

2 just give them time to dread theyrw only a month old dreads take time not money

3 never spend money on drereads..

4 whats a "neat look' you let your rippooff salon define that for you twistings very bad for dreads

y=our twisted neat look might end in permenant balding and dreads falling off

just leave them alone to dread seperate as needed thats all

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Nabbatron
@nabbatron
13 years ago
13 posts
what are they putting in your hair?in the pic i can see a ashy white color like lock peppa then i can see sum hard looking brown stuff here an there.First let me start by saying you gone look real fuckin presentable,professional when you hair start falling out like the rest oh the ol guys at your job its just youll lose your from total different reason.look around you one thing Afro,blk people cant do is take care of there hair correctlywe do ever thing in the world to our hair..there is sum kind of illness your head get from constant twisting,pulling,yanking on the hair for long periods of time which make u go bald.(had to go smoke a lil weed an calm down)it sad when if you got the brains,clothes,degree, you will sill consider your self unpresentable if your dreads dont look a cretin way.famous people are get tattoos piercing an what ever u can name so youll be more accepted then u think now u spent over hundred dollars for sumthing u can go wash right out yo head??(think)we got to use our fuckin brains.im like 1 mth 20 sum thing days into my 3 dread journey an bro i wash my hair like every 2-3 days an i cant wash out any of my baby dreads they just lock up more but feel so light i dont even know hair on my head unless it tickles my ear,roots good an strong.kirks soap cost like 3 buck for 3 bars an water is free go buy a rosemary plant an a aloe plant your done.all because your going to make the excellent money dont mean you have to throw it away. add up 35 dollars a week times 52 weeks(WOW) all just to mess up your hair!!!RESPECT
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

he said alot

and your jkindasa screwing yourselfg

when u dread your boss can ssay cut or maintain the dreads..unless u claim any spiritual readsons for dreaduing then they canyt say shit to u but then they have to be natural..only natural dreads aere defendable

again the salons sold you on a lie

scared u into thi9nking you had to ruin your dreads to be acceptasble and hget a job

we have drs lawyers colledge professors several phds and a rocket scientist all with real natural dreads not over maintained till they fall ofdf

they stuff they are adding to your hair is preventing dra[=easding so they have yiu by the balls comming in every 8 days at 365 a pop your making them rich while they are screwing you

just wash and seperate do it yourself then they will dread fine

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Marlon Moorer
@marlon-moorer
13 years ago
24 posts

I dont see whats wrong with the twisting method. ive seen alot of ppl do it and there hair isnt falling out.

I want them to look nice because i like the look. I dont really want to go the freeform route. ive seem plenty of youtubers post videos of there lock journey and their seem to do just fine without freeforming.

Nabbatron
@nabbatron
13 years ago
13 posts
we all have to right to do thing as we please if your going to do the twist then stop right now u good but if you think im playing google " Tension Alopecia " you may think twice an your hair falling out doesnt happen over night
Marlon Moorer
@marlon-moorer
13 years ago
24 posts

dang. well take a look at my loc ition's website and see if he sounds legit

http://www.jamesmosslocks.com/index.html

an once they are locked ( hope full by october) im not gonna really mess with them that much

Nabbatron
@nabbatron
13 years ago
13 posts
yeah dang is right did u notice it was mostly blk people who had it!on to the lock tech he looks like just another lock technician certified yes but still just a lock tech.i was looking in the dont worry mama section on his site an is says the dreadsT)hey are washed and cared for in much the same way that braids ARE .Braids are braids and dreads are dreads then he say completely
biodegradable, environmentally friendly wax --no wax is friendly .if you look at sum of his pics of people look at how good you see there scalp kind of like the Tension Alopecia even if its not still has the same look but just be careful.alot of ppl dont know the word dreadlocks came from the meaning DREADFULL hair by the euro slave owners.locs are in the bible but not dreadlocks
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form