Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hallo to the dreadheads, i'm Natalya

Natalya Mashevsky
@natalya-mashevsky
15 years ago
5 posts
Hi all, I'm Natalya. I fell for the DHHQ scam back in June because I didnt know much about dreads nor did I know too many people who had them. The site seemed to have all the answers so I believed them. A couple of my friends spent about 18 hours backcombing my hair after which I proceeded to put wax in every new dread. My dreads seemed rather strange and sticky ish at first, then after a few weeks I noticed this white goo in them after showering. I realized it was wax mixed with water and who knows what else and it wouldn't come out. It was so gross! I did some research on wax removal and ended up washing my head thoroughly with dish-washing soap. And I do mean thoroughly, many latherings, several hours, and very hot water. I know there is still some caked in a couple, I can feel it, but for the most part my dreads are looking much better and they started locking up way way faster since washing all that gunk out. (Restarting was not an option for me, I didn't want to cut them off, nor did I have the time, energy or heart to comb them out.)Right now I am spending a semester abroad in Berlin and doing next to nothing to maintain my dreads, just letting them be. But I do still wash with dhhq shampoo. They started forming bumps and loops, and some are totally loose while some look amazingly locked. No consistency at all. I tried to count, got about 75 6-8inch dreads. Hoping to keep that number and not let them grow together.Looking forward to chatting with you all =)
updated by @natalya-mashevsky: 01/13/15 08:27:20PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
in that case i recomend some maintenance, the only real maintenance wirth the effort, seperate them often when i seperated id do a few a week i doubt i got to them all in several months but id try to feel around for the worse 1's and sepserate 5-10 a weeki stopped seperating entirely over a year ago and love how they worked out..but im glad i didnt go zero maintenance from the startseperating is a good way to keep em under control and is worth the time and effort (not that its time condsumming ..a few minutes a week is plenty)welsomeand u might wanna try the extra steps in the wax removal threads to try getting lil more gunk outi know 100% may not be possible but the more u get out the betterwelcome to the family

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
hey that sounds almost exactly like me in the first paragraph,Welcome to the site :)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form