Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreads so thin at base im loosing them.HELP!!!

SMUTBAGS
@smutbags
13 years ago
5 posts
Ok so ive had my dreads for quite a few years now.I started them about 11 years when my hair was very short by simply rubbing my head with a knit cap.Since then i have not really touched them.I dont roll,wax,crochet,backcomb or anything else i just let them do there own thing but in the last couple years they have gotten really bad and i dont really know what to do with them.Basically the bases of them are super thin and i have already lost quite a few ):I also have a ton of lose hair on the top which i dont really mind the half dreaded look but i feel like its all from my roots just refusing to dread.I have read quite a bit of advice on this problem and the consensus seems to be that people are doing somethingspecificallywrong to get to this point but i have done nothing because i wanted them to form naturally.Obviously this has not happened so i was hoping someone could give me some advice on what i could do to save them other wise im just gonna have to cut them all off.I have included some pics to helpillustratewhat is going on.If i should take more let me know. _Evan
updated by @smutbags: 01/13/15 09:03:38PM
SMUTBAGS
@smutbags
13 years ago
5 posts
Also i was wondering if there was a way to crochet my lost ones back in?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

u can tho not sure thats the best idea what id do is wrap the bases wrap 2 thin and 1 lost 1 with a good bit of loose hair too make each thin dread into 3 combined

and my qquestion is

what have you done the last 1-3 years diferent

washing conditioning etc

id change what your washing with and add sea salt o e=ncourage that loose hair to start dreading again

its hard to guess whats caused this can even be a diet chasnge thats made t=he hair more oily but not likely im guessing its something your washing with thats caused it to not want to dread right and thereforethin

after wrapping the most in danger with the lost ones i would stop seperating at all uless they get waytoo thick or start to really eat eachother

let them congo and thickem up to the point where theyre strong

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Nikki5
@nikki5
13 years ago
30 posts
Sad :( Do you wear your hair up often? It could've been from being pulled back too tight. As far as the recovery goes, I have no idea. Sending good dread vibes your way :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
hemp or embroidery thread hemps more durable and lasts longer although 3 months wrapped together will be plenty i beluieve

Sarah Hagan-Stuff said:
what kind of material should he wrap them with? i have some dreads that super thin and i want to combine them with their neighbors.

soaring eagle said:

u can tho not sure thats the best idea what id do is wrap the bases wrap 2 thin and 1 lost 1 with a good bit of loose hair too make each thin dread into 3 combined

and my qquestion is

washing conditioning etc

id change what your washing with and add sea salt o e=ncourage that loose hair to start dreading again

its hard to guess whats caused this can even be a diet chasnge thats made t=he hair more oily but not likely im guessing its something your washing with thats caused it to not want to dread right and thereforethin

after wrapping the most in danger with the lost ones i would stop seperating at all uless they get waytoo thick or start to really eat eachother

--
SMUTBAGS
@smutbags
13 years ago
5 posts
i rarely wear my hair up.im thinking it may have more to do with the soap ive beenusingto wash my hair.thanks for the good vibes.

Nikki said:
Sad :( Do you wear your hair up often? It could've been from being pulled back too tight. As far as the recovery goes, I have no idea. Sending good dread vibes your way :)
SMUTBAGS
@smutbags
13 years ago
5 posts
thank you so much for the advice SE.i dont feel like ive done anything differently over the last couple years.it may be what im washing them with,i tend to just use whatever random bar soap is around but ive pretty much always done that.i am going to try and get someone to help me wrap them soon hopefully and i will try some sea salt.is there any specific soap that you wouldrecommend?

soaring eagle said:

and my qquestion is

washing conditioning etc

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

oh well bar soaps especialy dove san condition thehell outta them u want a nion residue dread freindly soap try dr bronnerds diluted 12-1 or try no soasp the baking soda soak in fact if do that at least monthy to remove the soap residues y can add the salt to the baking soda

theres aklso the maylees garden bar in our shops here thats amazing

SMUTBAGS said:

thank you so much for the advice SE.i dont feel like ive done anything differently over the last couple years.it may be what im washing them with,i tend to just use whatever random bar soap is around but ive pretty much always done that.i am going to try and get someone to help me wrap them soon hopefully and i will try some sea salt.is there any specific soap that you wouldrecommend?

soaring eagle said:

and my qquestion is

washing conditioning etc

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form