Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Fasting?

James
@james
13 years ago
6 posts
I have been on a spitural journey for a while now and was wondering what y'all thought about fasting? Should I at least eat fruit or something since I do somewhat have a laborer job? What is ok to drink while fasting? This will be my first fast and really also want to cleanse my body of all toxins(tobacco, meat). I need alot of help as to how long to fast ect. Thanks for the info in advance. Jah bless
updated by @james: 03/11/17 03:46:03PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,639 posts

ive done 2 fasts 10 and 12 days water and juice and water only

buoth times i rode my unicycle from nyc to dc (227 miles)

1st 4 days u are huuuungry then it gi=oes away and u feel great

yiu do get a yellow coat o your tongue it looks fuzzy and yellow thats the toxins comming to the surface you shoulkd quit the fast when that goes away

after a week or so u will get some slimy shits as u flush the last of the craop out of your intestines

breaking a fast properrly is important

steammed bland veggies overcooked soups

easy to digest foods

2nd or 3rd day add in lil l overcooked brown rice

then slowly introduce more regular foods

i know ppl who do 30-60 day (60 is risky my great uncle id the longest hunger strike in irelands history and died on day 78) and the ppl who do 30 hike many many miles into the mountains caryig heavy gear and work hard

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Pranee RN
@pranee-rn
13 years ago
23 posts
I have done extended fasts and usually juice 3carrots/1stalk celery/1apple and a bit of ginger three to five times a day. To help regulate blood sugar I drink four oz of grape juice and drink pau d'arco tea for the anti fungal effect. Either that or once a day for a few days drink chaporal tea but you MUST be careful with it because it can destroy your liver. Drink plenty of water every day and if you can drink barley greens it helps too. I have a recipe I will look for that you can cleanse your intestines with it has psyllium husk, marshmellow root, pepermint, and charcoal in it... not as bad as it seems but it sure gets the job done! Whew! I'll look it up soon for you and look for this thread. I usually only feel hungry the first day, after that I have such energy I can go a few weeks without solids, even chasing after 3 boys and getting plenty of exercise, first or second day you might want to make a day off from work though. It helps if you can get in the spiritual zone needed for a fast. Best of wishes!!
Valentin the Jellyfish
@valentin-the-jellyfish
13 years ago
79 posts
"1st 4 days u are huuuungry then it gi=oes away and u feel greatyiu do get a yellow coat o your tongue it looks fuzzy and yellow thats the toxins comming to the surface you shoulkd quit the fast when that goes awayafter a week or so u will get some slimy shits as u flush the last of the craop out of your intestines."when my girlfriend introduced me to vegetarianism i thought to make my journey easier i would start hanrder to make my longer journey easier. I started with a week of going vegan, i probably lost 5 pounds in 6 days. I had soccer practice monday-friday so this was probably why. But anyway this got all the crap out of my system and i was really amazed when i felt a bunch of energy within like 2 days
Dave2
@dave2
13 years ago
71 posts

you can try a five day fruit fast for flushing out your system,a lot easier for carrying on while working, just eat nothing but fresh fruits and drink fruit juice or water and if you can "graze"feed rather than set big meals at specific times.

Sarah Smeester said:

i tried to fast and with media and going to school and seeing people eating at lunch i gave in after 2 days. i feel like im stronger now and i have started to slowly go into a vegan diet. i really think im guna try a fast again and make my own juice because i have a juicer that way i get my veggies not through highly over produced veggetable drinks (: good luck!

Circle Dancer
@circle-dancer
12 years ago
121 posts

Hey! Cool to find this thread here. I'm on day 4 of my current fast, and I am a very experienced faster. It's a part of my spirituality as well as something that I do for my health. I've done tons of different cleanses, (liver, bowel, parasite, herbal, etc etc etc) and overall fasting has probably helped me the most. Our bodies were built to fast! And the best part is, fasting and its benefits are cumulative. So if you fast once, it's almost like you pick up where you left off when you fast the next time. And it gets easier and better every time!

Most of my fasts are between 4 days and 2 weeks. My longest was like 15 days or something, I think. I don't usually go longer because I'm very naturally thin and weight loss isn't a goal of mine *beyond maybe a few pounds here and there*. I do it for my spirituality and for the detoxification and healing effects of resting your digestive system. Usually I fast on green juices, but on this fast I've been water fasting for half the day every day and only drinking a few green juices at night.

It's unbelievable how much energy I have this time. I even did a half hour hooping session earlier tonight, and if any of you reading this are hoopers you know how good a workout it is. On my first few fasts I was so weak I could barely get out of bed, but I learned that a lot of that is because of the initial detox and emotional attachments to food--not literal starvation. Once you learn to fast it's an amazing, energetic and positive experience every time. It has changed my life.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,639 posts

weird i never got weak from fasting like i said i rode my unicu=ycle from nyc to dc while fasting i had plenty of energy

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Circle Dancer
@circle-dancer
12 years ago
121 posts

I think the less weak you get, the cleaner and healthier you are. :)

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I really glad to find this post. I had done a few long term fasts when I was 16-17, but they were, from what I can tell here, not proper. I went between 2-3 weeks each time, and drank nothing but water. I can't see any damage that it caused, but I did not acclimate myself back into normal food properly. When I decide to quit smoking cigs I will definitely be doing it through a fast. Thanks for the great info on how to do it properly

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form