dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

help needed me thinks...

stephen samuels
@stephen-samuels
13 years ago
9 posts

hello all

right i've had my dreads about 2 1/2 months method was back combing i now have a few dreadswhich have a section in the middle of the dread about an inch or two total come apart.

have i done the right thing by wrapping them with a small hair band over the inch or two???

will this dread under the hair band??

all help will be welcome......

peace..

updated by @stephen-samuels: 01/13/15 09:03:17PM
Alicia Burnit
@alicia-burnit
13 years ago
17 posts

I backcombed by dreads also. I would personally take out the bands. It is typical for almost all of the backcombed hair to come undone and it will knot itself up over time. The sections do tend to stay as you had them. It definitely sucks watching all the time you put into them come undone, but they knot up so amazing over the months.

I'm 9 months in now, and they are still reknotting themselves.

stephen samuels
@stephen-samuels
13 years ago
9 posts
thanks everyone for the advice, so far i removed the first band i put in it does actually seem to be more knoted than pre band. and the dread has a crinkle shape, looks pretty cool i think dont know if that will stay like that though.did not mention before that i was assisting in movement by holding each end of the banded section and rotating then noticed small loops poking out the side of the banded section would this be signs of it knoting???
taye
@taye
13 years ago
833 posts
they are still babies. They need to move around a bit so that they can knot. I would take the bands off. The areas will eventually knot up. just gotta have patience.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form