Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Solidness

Shane sullivan
@shane-sullivan
13 years ago
62 posts
I've had my dreads for working on 3 weeks....This my be one of those "new kid freaks out" type questions but I'm going to ask anyways...I read in some other discussion about this dude whose had his dreads for a week and he said they feel hard..... Mine at starting to feel somewhat hard too but I thought this was a good sighn; like they were starting to lock up and ave good solid knots....
updated by @shane-sullivan: 02/14/15 06:39:47AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

did u ever use wax? they should be spongy but firm if theyre real dry they can be lil harder too

crochet wax and over dryness are what usualy make then too hard

oh..mold or buildup can too

but at 3 weeks id suspect wax if u used abny

u should be able to pinch and indent them some

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

yea u used wax twice ..even just 2 uses can cause issues have yu tried agressivley removing it?

not with bs/acv undiluted acv or dawn or the wax removers

excessive heatt too

--
Shane sullivan
@shane-sullivan
13 years ago
62 posts
Dwell they're not like rocks on my head they're still squishable....And it's been a gradual thing.... They get a little more solid after every wash....
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
ok well can be normal tightening then but if u havent removed wax then id recomend it to be sure

--
Shane sullivan
@shane-sullivan
13 years ago
62 posts
Alright well I haven't tries to remove it cause all the spots that havn't come together look like my normal hair except they're dreaded at the end... Thank you though... That discussion I saw earlier kind of scares me cause you seemed really concerned about his being hard...I'm sorry i keep adding to the questions from back overs freaking out about every change my hair makes... I've tried to just let things go and do what they want but I had to make sure about that one... Lol
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

well theres a diference between firm and hard

and even normal dreads can get almost hard when theyre dried out too much i have some spots that are like that

--
Shane sullivan
@shane-sullivan
13 years ago
62 posts
Alright well when should I start with the aloe cause I havn't been doing any type of conditioning.....
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

well at 3 weeks itstoo soon unless your africanamerican? if so yea u wanna condition all along ..or well moisturize

if your doing sea salt sklack off on it

tho at 3 weeks im realliy surprised your feeling amy hardnes

how bout some pics?

--
Shane sullivan
@shane-sullivan
13 years ago
62 posts
Well I'm not African American but I do have thick curly hair...Like if I slept before I started dreading I would wake up with a million knots.... LolI keep trying to post pictures but i can't figure out how to in my iPhone... That's the only way I can get on theInternet...
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form