Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

February 2012 UPDATE Crochet to natural neglect Timeline

Alyssa Yuldybaeva
@alyssayul
13 years ago
35 posts

So I decided to make a Timeline finally. It seems like a lot of fun!

So here we go

This is what my hair used to look like before

And here it looks like its about to dread too, pity I didn't let it...

Oh well, but I didn't know. I thought it wouldn't look good at all. Didn't know anything even when I got my dreads. Every source would tell me to not wash as much as possible. Thank god I found this site :\

Ok so finally I found someone who had dreadlocks and proposed that she back comb and crochet if I wanted it, because that's how her's were done by someone else.

My bf mourning my hair lolll and someone took a picture, you can see how she did the dreads very good in this pic. She actually did a pretty good job at sectioning I think, and not too tight.

What it looked like when done, sticking out to all sides, didn't know how to take it at the time, had no confidence whatsoever.

So I put a headband on to flatten and hide my dreads lol

And then about A WEEK OR 2 later I found dreadlockssite and decided to stop touching it and being all paranoid about it and just let it recover, but still obsessed over how it looked and tried to put stuff into my hair

Cinnamon bead and some string

The ends started coming apart, everything started looking fuzzy and messy.

Almost 2 MONTHS later

Volume started to add up and I could see that they were recovering and started to have faith.

Although everyone else thought it was all coming apart, I knew better

Some updo they made for me at a shooting for some TV commercial

Almost falling asleep at the shoot lol and some other crazy haired guy next to me, just to justify tht I'm not like a model or anything lolllll :P Just regular extra work

2 MONTHS AND A HALF

Weeeeee

It's all getting crazy and I love it! Had to make high exposed photos so tht u can actually see the dreads

Got some nice beads too

Natural loops are forming in some of the dreads

That's it for now. I'm so happy about what I'm doing :D Feels totally right!

THANK YOU SOARING EAGLE FOR EVERYTHING! I LOVE YOU!

Bonus funny picture lol

4 and a half months

6months

10 months

Yeah so I didn't update for a long time because I kind of just forgot about it and it didn't look like such a long time has passed but now that I look back a lot of things have changed and they became longer I think.

<br /><small><a href="http://www.dreadlockssite.com/photo/photo">Find more photos like this on <em>dreadlocks forums</em></a></small><br />

updated by @alyssayul: 02/14/15 04:43:03AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

awww love you too and your so pretty they are recovering incredibly nicely

wow

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts
I love them all especially the bonus pic! They look great!
Alyssa Yuldybaeva
@alyssayul
13 years ago
35 posts

Wow Thanks guys! Appreciate the support :D

Organic's the way to go! :D

Alyssa Yuldybaeva
@alyssayul
13 years ago
35 posts

Realizedthat I didn't make any update in 2 months. So here are some update pictures. It's really hard to take pictures of my dreads so I hope these are sufficient. Always some lighting problems. And before I was dreaded I had a step cut so the top layer are very short and become about an inch longer with each layer so it kind of blends in together because of all the ends throughout the length.

So what happened for the past 2 months is that they became loopy and squiggly and folded on themselves and have become thicker. Also I used henna on them I think that helped the dreading in my case.

I put beads and wraps on the parts that need "taming" like if they're suddenly becoming too thick in some parts. Like some of my dreads are trying to become so thick no beads of mine can fit them anymore lol but that's ok I guess I took the beads out in first place cuz I thought it would make them thicker.

Here you can see how the ends of the dreads are, the main dread has become thick and has an "end" sticking out but it seems like that will also join the dread in due time, that's where it seems to be headed. Oh also I helped a few of the longer ends my TnRing them but that was about 1.5 months ago. I tilted my head back in this one.

And I can finally make a tail by tying my dreads

updated by @alyssayul: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

theyre really becomming more natural and locking up nice the darknes of your hair makes it lil hard o see but by the time theyrw more mature they will look amazing

your doing great :)

and u seem so happy now too

--
Alyssa Yuldybaeva
@alyssayul
13 years ago
35 posts

Updated the pics on the first page :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

so beautiful something about the 1 picture u reminded me of a friend ..a very special being (rip) www.kathychange.org i dunno why something in your eyes or smile

she was way older then ya but cause she literaly never stopped dancing u couldnt tell her age at all

rrry got distracted by that haha

your dreads are looking great cant wait to see em a year from now

--
Alyssa Yuldybaeva
@alyssayul
13 years ago
35 posts

I can't wait to see them a year later either :D I bet they're gonna change a lot.

They change a lot everyday even during the past 3 days I went to the beach and they changed a lot more. Most of the ends are becoming rounded, I don't see a problem in getting them dry yet though.

Alyssa Yuldybaeva
@alyssayul
13 years ago
35 posts

I see why I reminded you of her. :)

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form