Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Recovery

Terence Shipp
@terence-shipp
13 years ago
18 posts
Hello everyone. Im in need of advice/support. i started my dreads with dreadhead wax almost 2 years ago, i went onto DHHQ and was convinced wax is how you make dreads...well after a year and a half of over waxing, interlocking, crocheting*, and even taking scissors to my dreads. I realized wtf i was doing, and wanted to redo my dreads and start new, but without shaving my head. I combed out my dreads to the scalp getting all the mess and nastyness out (it took me a week) and backcombed them back in. I believe it caused alot of damage to my hair, but now they are almost 4 months old and feel great! Ive been washing them with baking soda/sea salt mixture around twice a week but my over all confidence in them is low, they dont look like dreads, but they are there! Im letting them grow out, get healthy, and do their own thing. Alot of the tips arnt locking up, but i think its mostly because my hair is naturally straight. In general ive become impatient at times and subconscious about how everything is going to turn out...
updated by @terence-shipp: 01/13/15 09:03:00PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

its better if the tips dont lock up k=loose tips dry 5 times faster as the water runs out the ends instead of being stuck inside

theyre dreading as real dreads dread

leave em to dread..4 months is still babies

theyre just beginning to dread after loosening alot

next 3 months wuill see a ton of progress

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Terence Shipp
@terence-shipp
13 years ago
18 posts
sweet! i hope sooooo, im looking forward to it
Terence Shipp
@terence-shipp
13 years ago
18 posts
Also! i dont want blunted tip, its just there are around 3-4 inches of undread hair at the ends and it just looks funny
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

it gets better theyre still young

when u removed em ..how dreaded were they maybe hard to tell actualy with the crochet and interlocking

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
uoma
@uoma
13 years ago
13 posts
GL to you!!! Excited to see how it goes!!! :D
Terence Shipp
@terence-shipp
13 years ago
18 posts
Swweeet! thanks for the love, but yea! No one can tell i have dreads, they just ask "when are you getting your dreads back" when its already been 4 months of having these babies. People just dont understand and it makes me frustrated
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form