Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

how many is too many...

☮Izzy-licious☮
@izzy-licious
15 years ago
183 posts
I only have 26 dreads... I have think hair though and now I am worried that I am going to end up with real think big ones... which there is nothing really wrong with that but maybe I am just crazy:DHow many dreads is too many and how few is too few and how many are just right? I know dreads will be what they want to be but I am just curious how many you all have :D
updated by @izzy-licious: 02/14/15 12:01:49PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
originaly maybe 250 after a year zero maintenance i have 6 that joined to become 1 all over and the overall numbers way lesssisterlocks i think makes between 400-800i know a good number wirth unidreadstheres no right or wrong number ..but ..fewer=bogger more-= thinner regardeless of hair type cause it goes by section size mostly

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Daniel
@daniel
15 years ago
118 posts
Theres already a thread on this, and the number seems to range from 25-over 100. Depending on how you started your dreads, you can rip them apart to get closer to the size you want.
Matted Dew
@matted-dew
15 years ago
213 posts
yeee, numbers r numbers -sumwhat irrelevantBut we got the same lockcount! hahahhahah i had 25 but jus had a lilbit of split that was wanting to happen for awhile and i jus had 2 stop tryin to prevent it nelongerNamaste
tha tron
@tha-tron
15 years ago
147 posts
Dont worry about mumber just fo whats best 4 u
Matted Dew
@matted-dew
15 years ago
213 posts
just became 27 hahahhaa Matted Dew said:
yeee, numbers r numbers -sumwhat irrelevant
But we got the same lockcount! hahahhahah i had 25 but jus had a lilbit of split that was wanting to happen for awhile and i jus had 2 stop tryin to prevent it nelonger
Namaste
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
15 years ago
458 posts
Last I counted was over 80, had a few congos and a few form from loose hair since.
Natalya Mashevsky
@natalya-mashevsky
15 years ago
5 posts
I have 75 or so and I'd like it to stay about that. A friend of mine has 22. His are super uneven and lumpy but they have lots of character. Mine have more subtle individuality, but i like that they're skinny and that theres lots of them.
Matthew
@matthew
15 years ago
109 posts
I'd say 40 are good!:DBut, whatever floats your boat...or in this case tightens your dreads.(:
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
theres a complex equation for determining the right number of dreads for your head1st measure the circumference of the hairlinethen the distances front to back and side to sideafter that count the hairs per square inch, multiply that by the area covered by hair, devide by the square root of the circumferenceadd 14 to the per inch squared hair count then subtract 7 for every year in age over 25then ignore the sum of that equation and count the random number that naturaly occur

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form