Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

So i started my dreads with wax

Daniel
@daniel
15 years ago
118 posts
Bad idea, i know. I washed about 70% of it out in the first week, and the other 20-30% out about ten minutes ago. Several (probably 5 or 6) or my dreads unbackcombed during this washing which, i imagine, is because the wax inhibited any locking. Now i have about 5 or 6 patches of regular hair with my baby wax free locks. So my question is do you guys think i should re backcomb my hair or should i leave it be and let it do its own thing for now. Also, a second question ive had and i dont feel like starting a new thread for, is where do you guys get dread beads? The only sites ive found that carry them are DHQ and KB and i dont feel like giving those lying manipulators and more of my money.
updated by @daniel: 02/15/15 01:15:44PM
Daniel
@daniel
15 years ago
118 posts
just to clarify, im not talking about re doing the whole head, im talking about re backcombing those sections that felol out
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
we have peyote stitches here in our members shopsif u want other type beads i can try to point ya in the right directionas for the hair lets see a pic..but it should dread up on its ownifd it gets too annoying or takes too long id twist n rip not backcomb..lil less dammaging and less funny looking too

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
Just go to the craft store bro. They have tons of beads in all sizes shapes and colors.Also check out Knottysleeves she makes really outrageous peyote sleeves and shes a member here.I wouldn't backcomb again. If you don't want to wait I would do twist and rip instead. Less damage and easier.
Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
All the stuff that DHHQ and KB sell for dreads is juts commercial products that were meant for other uses (beads). Then they buy them really cheap mass produced in bulk, and then sell them to the less informed for like 20X markup
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
or instead of a craft store...a junk yardwhy junk yard? to find 1 of these

curt the string and you got like 1000 dread beads for free or next to nuthini have never paid for a bead ever

--
Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
lolthats awesome soaringeagle said:
or instead of a craft store...a junk yard
why junk yard? to find 1 of these

curt the string and you got like 1000 dread beads for free or next to nuthin

i have never paid for a bead ever
Daniel
@daniel
15 years ago
118 posts
ive got a couple wooden beads that a made but im looking for all kinds. Glass, wood, peyote stitches, anything at all is awesome. Ill get a pic up but i doubt my hair would have any problems dreading on its own. Its fairly curly and very frizzy.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/our-members-shops might as well support our community..im sure more shops will be added over time too (plan on eventualy departmentalizing the shops when we have a bunch) Daniel Ordonez said:
ive got a couple wooden beads that a made but im looking for all kinds. Glass, wood, peyote stitches, anything at all is awesome. Ill get a pic up but i doubt my hair would have any problems dreading on its own. Its fairly curly and very frizzy.

--
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
I'd just leave the patches alone and let them develop, it'd probably look pretty cool in time.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form